• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Info for Beaver Lake (Stearns County)

Thorzzhammerz

I am hoping for a little insight on this lake which is new to me this winter. Beaver Lake south of Saint Cloud on Hwy 15 (Stearns County). I have been out many nights drilling holes from 7ft to 24ft along the East side with no luck finding Crappies or bluegills. I've been using tiny white, orange, pink, plain hook and red glow jigs with either waxie, full minnow or just the head of a minnow. People have told me the fish run small on this lake but that is ok since I've got my son with me and just want to get him on fish. This lake is within 15 miles of my house so its easy to pop out there after school. Thank you for any information you my have on this lake, not looking for gps coordinates. 

Thor

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sunfish have usually cooperated outside the weededge.  12-20 fow has usually been a good place to start.  I've only fished it during day time so the night bite I'm not a lot of help there.

Sent you a pm with a spot to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Try the area I put the crooshairs on 22-25 ft. Not a whole lot for numbers or size crappie... but there are a few in there. Evening/nights have always been better.  Whole, small crappie minnows under a small float will get you some action. 

Mrpike is right about the northerns, set a tipup on the weedline, roughly 15ft deep

Screenshot_20180224-060158.png

Thank you very much! The snow might keep me off the lake for awhile but I will give it a try when I can. Thanks again for the info :0)