• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know if big pine lake mn. By perham is safe  to drive on.. I'm driving ram 1500 hemi... and r the walleyes biting...thanks....

Edited by #m2

Call the bait shop in Perham... They will be more than helpful... One of the best lakes I have ice fished besides LOW

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2018 at 7:40 PM, #m2 said:

Does anyone know if big pine lake mn. By perham is safe  to drive on.. I'm driving ram 1500 hemi... and r the walleyes biting...thanks....

Sorry I just saw this post,  If you are looking for posts on this lake contact me since our cabin is on the north side of the lake or what I would suggest is posting on the Perham/Ottertail County Forum.  I check it regularly and so does a lot of people and can get you answers in a more timely and better fashion the responses you got.  Granted Parmer did state it best Gene's Bait Shop in Perham is a great source of information.  Just be careful of the two rivers flowing into the lake and one flowing out for thinner ice.

Tight Lines!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Headed to little pine the second week of June.  Usually I am there in august or september and troll with shiners or worms. Should I be jigging with shiners since i'm earlier??? Or something else?? Thanks in advance...I will glady buy ya a beer at zorbas for the advice!!

Edited by Ben Mattis

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If you have wind, trolling cranks up shallow will get you eyes, pike and crappies.   Darn nice crappies by the way.

Otherwise, rigging or rigging the outside weededge has been good when I've fished it in the past.

If you ask this question in the Ottertail area forum you might will get a better response.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Don't rule out jigging raps have had some success on both Big and Little Pine doing this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in responses guys.  

As IceHawk stated don't put the ice gear away for the walleyes.  Seeing a lot of guys doing well with them on big pine.

The guys are cruising in front of our cabin at evening up shallow in that 5-9 feet of water trolling plugs.  Also hearing a lot of guys doing well with Leeches.  I personally have only seen one so far in my boat but I think my boat is cursed for walleyes.  Neighbor has caught a few but he's working hard and only getting 2-3 at a trip.  Have heard guys finding the schools of walleyes where they will catch 20+ fish but can't keep anything because it's in the slot.

The lake frustrates me personally for the walleyes.

Crappies and panfish have started really picking up and we've been targeting them as of lately.