Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

phishslayer

So I don't own a fish locator or anything that allows me to get a real time GPS location with a lake depth contour map. 

I'm wondering what different apps people use on their phones for GPS locating on maps with a lake depth map. 

I've tried several free ones but they all seem to be missing some of the lakes in the area. I'm willing to pay for one if it works well so does anyone have any recommendations?

The best one I've found so far is fishidy.

CJH

Humminbird/LakeMaster has an app now that seems pretty good called FishSmart.  You buy the lakes you are interested in individually.  I used it on the Le Homme Dieu Chain last summer and seemed pretty accurate to me with a high level of detail.  IMHO they have the best maps.

I previously used the Navionics app which was pretty decent, but they switched to a subscription based model, and I don't do that.  :)   I haven't been impressed with the free ones, in my experience they just regurgitate the DNR maps which aren't very detailed, but you can get by with in you need to.

Good Luck!

Edited by CJH
  • Like 1

Naturboy
  • If all you have is a smart phone you can't beat Navionics.. It is still the best money I've spent for fishing. I have 2 Lakemaster  chips in gps units and Navionics is sill better on some lakes and about $100 cheaper.

Harpenter

+1 for the Navionics mobile app.  It's really nice.

AlwaysFishing23

Navionics! $15 best investment ever.

Rick G

Navionics app is a pretty good deal for what it cost. 

Barbelboy

+1. for the money and quality the navionics app is so far ahead of everything else

Edited by Barbelboy

phishslayer

Is it the navionics boating USA app? Is it a 1 time purchase of $9.99 or is there a monthly subscription fee or other costs? Do they have the lakes in the Mankato area?

AlwaysFishing23

Yep no it’s the initial price and your set no monthly charge. There’s just the US and one that’s US and Canada. If you get the cheaper one just the US it’s every single lake in the States.

• Like 1