Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sev

Recommendations on New Walleye Lakes in Metro

Sev
Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I live about an hour south of the twin cities and most of the lakes don't contain too many walleyes. Needless to say haven't caught any and I would prefer better odds of fishing an established lake in the middle-southern parts of the metro.

So if any of you wouldn't mind suggesting some lakes to try I would appreciate it.

Edited by Sev

Tom Sawyer

Have you fished Minnetonka? Twin Cities gem for walleyes fore sure!

• Thanks 1

Mike89

hour south, south west, south east...   that could help...  there are good lakes. but you are not giving us a place to start,...........

Sev
9 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

hour south, south west, south east...   that could help...  there are good lakes. but you are not giving us a place to start,...........

I apologize, I live in New Prague which is basically directly south of the metro. The driving distance is not a problem however so if their are really good lakes in the middle of the metro then that would be awesome.

Tom Sawyer

Waconia...

Mike89

why not south??   many walleye lakes by Mankato, St. Peter, Waceca, Waterville..  just wondering....  by the way no one says anything, welcome to FM!!....

• Thanks 1

Sev
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

why not south??   many walleye lakes by Mankato, St. Peter, Waceca, Waterville..  just wondering....  by the way no one says anything, welcome to FM!!....

I was looking at washington lake but I don't want to drive down for nothing. Any suggestions on that lake or others nearby?

Edited by Sev

Mike89

lived there 30 plus years ago.  but Washington is plum full of structure, Lake Jefferson too, Tetonka is another.  there are many folks out that can show you good information!!  some are one here too....   come on Boys, help this fella out!!!

and don't forget the Minn. River too!!!!

you have many options south of there is all I'm saying.....  and good luck fishing!!!!

and when I say Washington has structure, it is full, 3 different points and many others!!

• Thanks 1

Marcuss42

I seen a Vexilar rep at fleet farm. He pointed out lotus lake to me. Very high stocking numbers for walleye. But yet Marion has high stocking numbers for walleye and I’ve never seen one outta there. 

• Thanks 1