Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MN BassFisher

Mille Lacs | Highs and Lows (Video)

MN BassFisher

My buddy Tony (@bassfshin24) and I hit the road after Christmas to go and chase some Walleyes on Mille Lacs Lake. We had plans to fish shallow structure during the low light hours and then head out to deeper structure during the day using an ATV. Day 1 the temps had warmed up some from the recent negative temps but we were surprised to find a very slow bite. The slow day was topped off by some ATV problems which left us scratching our heads on what to do for Day 2. As it turned out our options were minimal so we decided to pull out on the lake by hand to some shallow structure. It was -15 when we hit the lake but we were greeted by a bunch of hungry Walleye!

Jmlsmp

Cool video what were you using for a camera? 

MN BassFisher
6 minutes ago, Jmlsmp said:

Cool video what were you using for a camera? 

Thank you! I have a GoPro Hero 3 (the one capturing overhead angles) and then a GoPro Hero 5 (the one on the headstrap). 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Has anyone targeted whitefish on Vermilion, specifically Frazer Bay? Any tips?
    • RiverChuckNorris
      By RiverChuckNorris
      My first foray into tv land.  Grant invited me to co-host an early ice episode on Mille Lacs last week.  We showed up like any weekend warrior with no intel and proceeded to try to figure the lake out.
      This is just the teaser.  The full episode will air in January and then be available on Superior Angling's YouTube channel.
      Give it a share/like if you enjoy it.  Thanks in advance!
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

• Jory
      By Jory
      Not new to ice fishing but I can't seem to find the fish anymore around my neck of the woods in foley mn. so if anyone could give great insight of lakes times and maybe hints of baits and area of the lake would be awesome. 
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Went and checked the first ice lakes and found .5 inches to almost 2 inches. If you go out please bring a buddy and dry clothes.
    • Jason Aherns
      By Jason Aherns
      Me and my family never have caught a walleye where can we go 2- 3 hours from Chisago city Mn? And pretty much guarantee abunce in walleyes and maybe have a few for dinner?  I have tried and tried caught some real awesome fish so far but no walleyes please help thank you
    • Chevy Nation
      By Chevy Nation
      Hey guys and gals!
      I was wondering what kind of fish is this? I was thinking they were redhorse suckers or something but I am not 100% sure! I have been catching them out of the Mississippi and don't know if they are invasive or what the heck they are because they smell god awful!
      Thanks!

• Chevy Nation
      By Chevy Nation
      I was wondering if and there is any good fishing in Hastings during the summertime lake Rebecca, lake Isabella, Vermilion River, or anywhere off the banks of the Mississippi? I haven't caught anything yet this year and I am itching to catch anything now. Just a fyi I just bank fish.

Thanks in advance!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Share & Have Fun