Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

KOAOutdoors

Got out on Eagle last evening about an hour before sunset. After watching the barometer drop all day and the temps rise I thought it would be a good chance. Set up in 11 ft on a break and caught plenty of crappies. Problem was that they're all 6" long. The bite was not fast like I figured it would be. Stayed 3 hours and the wind picked up and I called it a night. 13 " of ice.

chadvovo

How is the ice thickness on Eagle Lake just north of Big Lake? 

KOAOutdoors

That is the Eagle I wrote about. Was out again Sunday. 16 " of ice and same 6" year class of crappie.

leech~~

KOAOutdoors, thanks for the report.  Looks like you have been around for many years on the site.  Glad to see you "broke the ice" :D and started posting some good info. :)

chadvovo, Welcome to you as well.  :)

knoppers

welcome, I was out today, not long, but we had plenty of action, just the size was a problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Yep.
    • IceHawk
      Nice gill Rick 
    • IceHawk
      HunterFisher Don't rule out trying that lake again. If theres a lot of wood in the water those schools could, be pinned down on other trees than you were fishing. Trust me I have a lake near Glenwood i fish that has a bunch of tress scattered throughout the lake. It took me numerous times fishing it to figure out patterns on that lake. But once i found them well worth it!  I have found lakes with a lot of submerged trees or wood usally hold some real good panfish, . They have plenty of places to hide from predators and anglers through out the seasons. 
    • IceHawk
      See you tomorrow Jeff we'll dial them in 
    • Borch
      Keep checking in here for any updates.  There's a very good chance that the location may change a bit as there have not been a lot of catfish at the methhole area.  Prefishing in the next day or so will help us pin down a location.  I will post any changes here.
    • Borch
      A lake like that with no real hole or structure lends itself to roaming fish.  If there is a defined weededge that will be your structure.  Electronics are not going to show you much until the fish is on your bait.  Drill a lot of holes and move around until you catch fish. 
    • HunterFisher11
      Hay thanks for your input.... Just got home and got skunked!!!!! But that is ok at least now I know to take it off my list of lakes to fish in the winter, but will be back on it come spring and early summer...
    • JerkinLips
      Caught 17 walleyes on Friday, but all were dinks except for two 15".  Caught 6 more Saturday, all small again except for one 16".  Also caught a 12 inch perch, 3 eelpout, and 2 tulibee. Considering the snowstorm prediction for Sunday, I pulled my house off the lake and parked it back in the garage for the season.  LOW next week, then onto lakers the following weekend.
    • JerkinLips
      I think that the 4 I caught this winter were tulibees, including this one yesterday. I think that the 4 I caught this winter were tulibees, including this one yesterday.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      That last gill is a STUD Rick nice work!
  • Share & Have Fun