• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arjon Synkro

Tass03

Question

Just wondering if anyone has heard of an Arjon Synkro no. 5153 ice auger. I'm trying to find out how old it is, and possible value. I can't even find a picture of one.

IMG_20171220_082708445.jpg

• l Love It 1

17 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Not sure if you can look up this patent# I have it up on the screen but can't seem to copy it?  It was patterned in 1974 by some Swedish guy. Good Luck and Welcome to the forum! :)

United States Patent US3797588

ICE DRILL WITH ADJUSTABLE CUTTING EDGES.htm

Edited by leech~~
  • Thanks 1

I found that Arvid Jonsson applied for a patent in 1971. Looks like it was granted in 74. Mine says Pat. Pend. on that part, so I would guess it's between 71 and 73. It's very hard to find anything else on it

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

A good way to get a quick handle on value is to look on eeebbbaaayyy (bite me auto editor) to see if any are for sale or have sold and what the sellers are asking or have gotten.  

I did a quick search on "arjon" and saw mostly refrigerator magnets, and women's clothes, with a couple of lures and a couple of rods in the mix.   

I've looked and found one post, but it was so old there was no info on it. I'm emailing a man in Sweden about it. I hope he has some answers

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Edward Gagnon said:

I also just got same auger and can't find anything on it 

Edward, Welcome to the forum.  Post a picture of any information stickers or tags on it.  

Edited by leech~~
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Edward Gagnon said:

I also just got same auger and can't find anything on it 

35 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Edward, Welcome to the forum.  Post a picture of any information stickers or tags on it.  

15787077796704183592396596537661.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

1 hour ago, Edward Gagnon said:

15787077796704183592396596537661.jpg

Well darn that does look just like the one Tass03 posted about.  Nothing different to try a do a search on?  Have you been able to find new blades for it any where or can you still sharpen an edge on that one?  

Edited by leech~~
  • Thanks 1

As I recall, in the 60's ice augers were a new thing at least in Minnesota.   We had one that was like a spoon that went around in a circle to cut the hole.    So, I'll go along with the late 60's or early 70's

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

As I recall, in the 60's ice augers were a new thing at least in Minnesota.   We had one that was like a spoon that went around in a circle to cut the hole.    So, I'll go along with the late 60's or early 70's

I think I have this shovel looking one to I thought it was for post holes 

• Yayyyy 1

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Well darn that does look just like the one Tass03 posted about.  Nothing different to try a do a search on?  Have you been able to find new blades for it any where or can you still sharpen an edge on that one?  

I'm just learning how to to use this site and I'm going to get them sharpen and see how that goes and maybe I'll find some some day IDK 

• I Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Edward Gagnon said:

I'm just learning how to to use this site and I'm going to get them sharpen and see how that goes and maybe I'll find some some day IDK 

Good luck. Let us know how it cuts when you give it a try.  Is this your only ice auger or do you have any others to drill with?

8 hours ago, delcecchi said:

15787496766245353502646761863819.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

That's the one.   Got it at Montgomery Wards in the Midway, may it rest in peace.    Went in to buy it and there were some boxes so we got it in the box.   Paid, got home and opened the box and it was 6 of them.   I did see that folks are selling them on ebay. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Years ago I was spearing on a little lake that you can't even get on anymore because it all private now. 

This older farmer that lived on the lake came out with a little sled that had his fishing gear and a car battery on it.

He had made an Ice auger out of a old scoop auger end and a starting motor! That thing was scary as heck but drilled holes like a bat out of helll and I was amazed he could hold on to it on bare ice!  ?

• Yayyyy 2

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Years ago I was spearing on a little lake that you can't even get on anymore because it all private now. 

This older farmer that lived on the lake came out with a little sled that had his fishing gear and a car battery on it.

He had made an Ice auger out of a old scoop auger end and a starting motor! That thing was scary as heck but drilled holes like a bat out of helll and I was amazed he could hold on to it on bare ice!  ?

That's awesome ingenuity at its finest. Still have my Grandpas old spoon auger hanging on the wall in my man cave room . 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1