• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wright County early ice yellow perch?

Hey all, I am looking to catch a decent perch in the 7" or bigger range and soon because in my class at school we get to taxidermy a fish and I would like to do a yellow perch, I have fished little Pulaski for 2 days and Buffalo for one and caught nothing on Buffalo lake and some bluegills and bass on little pulaski. Anyone got advice on spots in little Pulaski or Buffalo lake or just another lake near by Buffalo as well for perch? Thanks - jim

My guess is you'll have to drive farther to find some.  I bet there aren't 20 lakes in MN that can do that each year.  Day trip to Mille Lacs to get one.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of lakes will put out 7-9inch perch. Look to the lakefinder app for help with lakes in your area.

I like shallow lakes with poor water quality. They are usually more fertile than deeper/clearwater lakes.

I would think you could be successful on deer. Not sure how the ice is in the channel but I've caught some nice perch there in the hole at the mouth