Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

nofishfisherman

House Rental suggestions - bringing 2 young kids

nofishfisherman

My buddy and I are thinking about taking our 2 oldest kids out for their first night out on the ice this season.  The kids are both 4 years old and both like to fish but of course they are still 4 and will do plenty of goofing around as well.  

I'm looking for suggestions on resorts that rent houses that would be well suited for 2 adults and 2 kids.  It would be nice if the houses came with tv/dvd player and electricity so that when all else fails to entertain the kids we can turn on the dumb box and let them watch a movie or something.  An indoor bathroom would be great, my daughter is one of the 2 kids and while she is well adept at roughing it without a bathroom it would just be easier if there was one in the house. 

We probably won't be able to do a lot of fishing outside of the house as neither of us have a portable big enough to accommodate all of us so unless its really warm the weekend we choose we'll probably be confined to fishing from the rental.  We don't need to catch limits of fish but it would be nice to have a realistic chance at catching a couple with the kids. 

Anyone have suggestions for a nice house that would be comfortable for us?  Probably just looking to go for one night the first time and cost isn't a huge issue.

titelines

Last year I rented a house through Hunter Winfield's Resort in Isle.  I looked around at many options and they seemed to have what I was looking for.  Their wheel-houses are very nice and have everything you list above.  Bathroom, TV/DVD, electricity (didn't have to fill the generator once), stove/oven.  I reserved an 8' x 16', but they upgraded me to an 8x20' - nice surprise.  Real nice, and plenty of room for two adults and 2 kids.   I had so much fun I'm going back in January.

nofishfisherman

Thanks for the reply, I'll check them out.