Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
papadarv

Impulse Buying

papadarv

Did another impulse buy on favored rod/reel combo. Saw a great deal at WalMart $9.89 Celsius  rod South Bend 5.2:1 gear ratio bering drive reel adding to the 6 hanging in my non sleeper wheel house. Exciting buy. Cant wait to try it out on my walleye 4 day trip to Ottertail spending sleep time in my $35.00/night cabin. New rod purchase, rod rack and my sleep space in photos. Cost avoidance $23,949.00 Just does not get any better than this.

20171206_084716.thumb.jpg.dcccdb4c1f3c38fdecb56715553f5b0b.jpg

20170901_215812.thumb.jpg.b51a28bae739a1f8ec23fc46c43e4928.jpg

FB_IMG_1512573093136.jpg.4b84cdaf052379b917877802370ebc35.jpg

FB_IMG_1512573105334.jpg.e12872a10ddd8d28c3100f14339fbd19.jpg

Edited by papadarv
Text
  • Like 2

bowhuntingboy1

Post pics later to show that you don't need 200 dollar custom rods to catch walleye and have a great time.

• Like 2

Wanderer

@papadarv Man, how do you survive? :lol:

• Like 1

papadarv
6 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

@papadarv Man, how do you survive? :lol:

Very well sober, active and comfortable. 

• Like 1

ZachD
4 hours ago, bowhuntingboy1 said:

Post pics later to show that you don't need 200 dollar custom rods to catch walleye and have a great time.

This pos weird bent for I don't know what reason walmart HT combo that I bought for 13 bucks has caught more walleyes than any of my thorne brother rods. I thought about retiring it but I feel its good luck.

slickstick.png

walleye.jpg

• Like 3

leech~~
4 hours ago, papadarv said:

Did another impulse buy on favored rod/reel combo. Saw a great deal at WalMart $9.89 Celsius  rod South Bend 5.2:1 gear ratio bering drive reel adding to the 6 hanging in my non sleeper wheel house. Exciting buy. Cant wait to try it out on my walleye 4 day trip to Ottertail spending sleep time in my $35.00/night cabin. New rod purchase, rod rack and my sleep space in photos. Cost avoidance $23,949.00 Just does not get any better than this.

FB_IMG_1512573093136.jpg.4b84cdaf052379b917877802370ebc35.jpg

FB_IMG_1512573105334.jpg.e12872a10ddd8d28c3100f14339fbd19.jpg

Where is this? And for $35 a night? PM me if it's a secret?  :)

• Like 1

papadarv
6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Where is this? And for $35 a night? PM me if it's a secret?  :)

Vacationland Resort. $35 per person cabin sleeps 8. $100 minimum. 4 to 6, son ,son in law, brother in law etc on the trip. I don't pay for them. Also nice condos on Rush - Shady Grove resort. Has a flat rate of $130 night also sleeps 8. For 5 people thats $26 per persion.

• Like 1

papadarv

@ZachD have one of those on my 6 rod rack. Agree great walleye rod.

bowhuntingboy1
8 hours ago, ZachD said:

This pos weird bent for I don't know what reason walmart HT combo that I bought for 13 bucks has caught more walleyes than any of my thorne brother rods. I thought about retiring it but I feel its good luck.

slickstick.png

walleye.jpg

We have one of those. We never catch walleyes on it because we live where the eye population is slim, but it works great for panfish after owning it a long time.

• Like 1

ZachD
16 hours ago, papadarv said:

@ZachD have one of those on my 6 rod rack. Agree great walleye rod.

Have you figured out why it has a bend in it? my only thought was more room for your hand with a glove on.

• Like 1

papadarv
8 hours ago, ZachD said:

Have you figured out why it has a bend in it? my only thought was more room for your hand with a glove on.

Better line alignment from reel to eyelet reducing friction and line ware.

• Like 1