Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

matt320

I'm going to be purchasing a new hub I want to purchase a thermal his year I know they have a lot of different brands but have my eye on the polar bird 4T with the floor.  Anyone have one of these just looking for pros and cons of these houses. And if anyone is looking for a new ice suit I got the clam float suit from Scheels Jacket and bibs for 290$. And they have last year's striker jackets for 50% off. 

Wanderer
48 minutes ago, matt320 said:

I'm going to be purchasing a new hub I want to purchase a thermal his year I know they have a lot of different brands but have my eye on the polar bird 4T with the floor.  Anyone have one of these just looking for pros and cons of these houses. And if anyone is looking for a new ice suit I got the clam float suit from Scheels Jacket and bibs for 290$. And they have last year's striker jackets for 50% off. 

Hey Matt, we were just looking at that Scheels sales flyer and talking about the suits.  

Does Scheels carry the Polar Bird?  There are some interesting options on that unit.  I looked on line.

I like the bag/storage system way better than the Eskimo bag, I can see that right away.  And for strictly fishing that light interior could be a real bonus.  I use my Eskimo for spearing so I need the darkness.

I question that floor though.  Looks like it could get slippery and be a hassle in wet, sticky snow conditions.  If you’re always going to shovel away all the snow where you set the house it would probably be fine.  What about drilling holes?  Those floor holes might be a pain to line up - not much location forgiveness.  Might have to put the floor down, mark the holes, drill and clear, put the house over the holes, toss the floor back in, fasten it, center the works again, then anchor it.  Your partner will have 30 walleyes on the ice before you’re done doing all that! ;):D

Just sayin it might be an over rated feature you find out is more of a pain than benefit and wind up not using it anyway.

Everything else looks pretty cool though.

matt320

The only place I found the 4T is online the polar bird website and those are 10" holes in the floor and I run a 8" ion so I just figured I could drill in the house after the floor is set up. "They say" the floor doesn't get slippery but for some reason I don't see that being true.

https://polarbird.com/menu_iceshelters/pb-4t-floor-4t

Kettle

That is pretty steep cost wise. Same size made by otter is 130$ less. I use indoor outdoor carpet in my hub when it gets real cold and I can heat it with a lantern. If cost is not an issue the polar looks nice though!

Kettle

Horseshoe_Don

owned a hub for 3 years.   Sold it due to you cant use it if it is too windy or the snow is too deep.   Like it at first, but after 2013 where we had a lot of snow on the ice, i hated it.   I just bought a new jason mitchell flip over last year.   It also caused me to build the snap shack.

Don

• Like 1

matt320

Yes that's one of the downfalls about owning a hub can't fish on windy days. I use to have a 2 man Nanook was nice until it got stolen out of my garage usually I  fish  alone and was kind of a pain in the rear to load and unload by your self that's why I decided to go with a hub. 

Wanderer

I don’t think my Fish Trap Voyager has left the garage since I got my hub house.  In large part for the same reason.

But I haven’t been on any big trips in the past couple seasons either that required a shelter.  

Horseshoe_Don

if you fish alone get a one man insulated clam

eyeguy 54

bad back here and I love the clam one man that I got last winter. pretty light.

replaced my hub

Kettle

I have been in gusts over 30 mph but it is a pain to set up. I have to screw in the corners and have the other screws set with line attached to the house and a quick prusik knot. I learned yesterday that even if it's calm to anchor it. Zero breeze to a monsoon. I'm sure it was a funny sight

ZachD

^ Ive been is some windy stuff as well a couple of my metal clips that the strap holds onto the hub with broke in half

Clam was quick to replace them though