Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
papadarv

Ice house license law change

papadarv

Yesterday the MN DNR announced a license requirement change effective NOW for this ice season. All Wheel House and other fishing structures which cannot be folded / collapsed must be licensed even if you remove the house when you get off the ice. 

Screenshot_20171121-153715.thumb.png.8dff67a0d88b1d3db37beb45c8196df5.png

PRO-V

Next year you will have to buy one for wearing long underwear or pac boots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ZachD
8 hours ago, PRO-V said:

Next year you will have to buy one for wearing long underwear or pac boots.

If I remember right you used to have to get a license a while ago before they changed it to the if you occupied it rule.

I don't think 14.33 a year is going to break anyones bank. Hopefully they use the extra money for stocking purposes

PRO-V

Not by itself it won't but they raised the price on licenses for everything. Once you add it all up I'll bet you never got that big of a raise at your job. I paid for an ATV license since they first came out and we didn't get squat for it for over 20 years. What a joke, not to mention debacles like Mille Lacs Lake management. AAARRGGHHH!!  I gotta quit now before I pop a vein.

ib_jigged

Really no different than using your boat.  $14,000 fish house and $14.33/year is going to kill you??

What gets me is at the lake we are at in the summer, mostly out of state people in the campground and all of their boats, never leave that lake and they are all licensed out of state and not in MN.  That is a chunk of money the state does not see.

Wanderer

The 200 foot rule gets me a little but it has to be defined somehow what is occupied and what isn’t.  

So for a wheelhouse we get to buy tabs to have on the road and a sticker to have it on the ice and go away for a little while.  Seems pretty close to double taxation since any LE can find out who the owner is from the current plate.

Plus the spear shack that I might want to keep up over the weekend.  2 tags plus license.

Combination sports license

2 trout stamps

Waterfowl stamps

Pheasant stamp 

Turkey license (stamp now included)

Deer license for all seasons

The bucket is getting heavy with all the drops in it.

leech~~
2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

The 200 foot rule gets me a little but it has to be defined somehow what is occupied and what isn’t.  

So for a wheelhouse we get to buy tabs to have on the road and a sticker to have it on the ice and go away for a little while.  Seems pretty close to double taxation since any LE can find out who the owner is from the current plate.

Plus the spear shack that I might want to keep up over the weekend.  2 tags plus license.

Combination sports license

2 trout stamps

Waterfowl stamps

Pheasant stamp 

Turkey license (stamp now included)

Deer license for all seasons

The bucket is getting heavy with all the drops in it.

2 Trout stamps.  Did I miss something and need to go back and get another? :confused:

• Haha 1

Jim Almquist

Wife you dummy :P

I know the problem first hand !!

• Like 1

Wanderer
11 hours ago, leech~~ said:

2 Trout stamps.  Did I miss something and need to go back and get another? :confused:

With 2 trout stamps you can keep double your limit.

You heard it here first on the interwebs! ;)

Me and Mr Williams will swing by and say Hi this winter in Ely. :D  That is, if we can get around your sled!! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

leech~~
10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

With 2 trout stamps you can keep double your limit.

You heard it here first on the interwebs! ;)

Me and Mr Williams will swing by and say Hi this winter in Ely. :D  That is, if we can get around your sled!! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok but with all those Trout. Bring a tow rope as I may be stuck in the slush! :grin:

• Like 1

leech~~
13 hours ago, Jim Almquist said:

Wife you dummy :P

I know the problem first hand !!

Hey, I resemble that remark!! :angry: 

Plus my wife only went fishing with me once the whole time that we have been married and she brought a book! I got her trained in right away. Sorry about your training problem! :lol:

Edited by leech~~
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wanderer
12 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Sorry about your training problem! :lol:

Double the lines for down rigging you dummy! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

leech~~
3 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Double the lines for down rigging you dummy! :lol:

Ok as long as she reads a book and stays the heck out of the way! :P

DRAGFOOT

Well, I have to pay for registration on my boat trailer to run it on the road, and the boat to run it on the lake, why shouldn't wheel houses?  I guess I don't feel bad for the wheel house guys.

Wanderer

A boat and trailer are two separate pieces of equipment.  The trailer is titled and the boat isn’t.  You can have one and not the other for any amount of reasons.

The wheelhouse is one item and titled, hence the plate.  Shelter tags primary purpose (besides raising money) is to officially verify who is responsible for it.  You can do that with a plate number.

Is what it is.  But I’ve just been having more difficulties considering the license fees as just another drop in the bucket.  If ALL the money was used for managing wildlife and habitat I’d have an easier time with it.

• Like 2

Kettle

Wasn't too long ago that you had to liscense all fish houses including portables that were fished in just for daily non overnight use

Wanderer

I think back then you were supposed to have a shelter tag to sit in your vehicle to watch tip ups too.  

Yah, I know it was worse before but it was nice to have some relief for a little while.

I forgot to add to the above license fees:

Snowmobile registration 

ATV registration 

Canoe, kayak, anything over 10 feet reg.

Every trailer tabs (I cling to my trailers that have the lifetime sticker).

I guess it could be worse... Fact is, I have to buy the shelter tags anyway cuz I will be leaving my hub house up overnight a few times and will leave the wheelhouse unattended overnight once.  First World problems in ice fishing. ;)

Paradice

It's not that it's any significant amount of money.  It's just that it won't go towards anything useful.  Imagine if everyone put $5 into the kitty for their 3 most fished lakes for the season and the money went towards dumpster rental and free garbage bags at the landing.  Or perhaps a dedicated fund to open up the thousands of lakes in MN that don't have public access?   

• Like 2