Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Barrington

NOW BOOKING FOR THE 2018 ICE FISHING SEASON!!
LIMITED SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE..

Barrington Lake camp will now be offering remote ice fishing for the very first time thanks to its unique train access. You can also come by ski-doo from the town of Savant Lake. Its a 30-45min ride.

Ice fishing with us at Barrington r Camp will be one of the coolest fishing trips you ever experience! Pristine snow covered lakes in the rugged Canadian Shield. Remoteness! Where the fish are plentiful and tasty!

During our ice fishing season, we use the main lodge for accommodations. The air tight wood stoves in every room keep you  toasty warm and the propane lights make it cozy and rustic.

This is remote ice fishing at its best. At camp you will have a heated room, Wi-Fi, full kitchen with propane fridge and stove, a newly built heated outhouse, and electricity on demand to charge batteries and extra lights. A flat screen TV for hockey games is also available.

We access numerous lakes by snowmobile, ATV and even snowshoes. We travel with portable ice huts to keep us mobile and on top of fish.  Water will be available through the lake but there will be no running water for showers.

The fishing has been outstanding all summer long so why not extend it year round. Main species in the lake are walleye, northern, white fish, and some perch. There has been numerous 26"-30" walleye's caught on a weekly basis through out the summer. This camp and lake have been private up until this past summer. 90% of groups who came for the first time this year have already booked for next year. References are available.
Limited spots available for ice-fishing. Only 2 rooms available in the winter months. You will have 1000's of acres of water at to your self.

******4 Man Sunday to Monday Special $600/Person******
Included in the package..

-Accommodations
-Train tickets
-Ice auger
-Ice Shelter
-Quad or Ski doo for traveling the late

All you need is your equipment & Food. Our ice fishing packages are very flexible and can be customized to suit your requests. Come try one of our Northwestern Ontario winter getaways, ice fishing remote waters!

The train departs either Armstrong Ontario north of Thunder Bay, or Sioux Look out Ontario 2 days a week. Its a 1.5 hour ride direct to camp from either direction. Dates can be re-arranged to suit your needs.
Call or e-mail for more information.
Tonnes of new reviews & references available from this year.
Check out our website at

www.barringtonlakecamp.com
or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Barringtonlake/

Jonathan & Lyndsey
807-584-2202
807-407-4202                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      807-407-3997
You wont be disappointed!! No one has been yet!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Went and checked the first ice lakes and found .5 inches to almost 2 inches. If you go out please bring a buddy and dry clothes.
    • Dock Boy
      By Dock Boy
         Voyageur Park Lodge on Lake Kabetogama recently purchased brand new Ice Trek brand fish houses to rent on Lake Kabetogama.  The houses themselves are all aluminum with spray foam insulation, clean, warm and comfortable!  If your looking for something different from the usual LOW, Red experience check us out.  These are day use houses only and we will offer lodging at Voyageur Park Lodge.  We will only have one lodging unit open in the winter, so fishing parties will be the only guests at the resort, so lots of privacy and no other parties around.  Fish houses will be private out on the ice also! 
      We are excited to be the only angling houses on Lake Kabetogama!  If your looking for  something different let us know!
      Voyageur Park Lodge (Reef Runner Ice houses)
    • CarterJohn
      By CarterJohn
      Hello everyone I'm just looking for fishing reports in the BWCAW, Ely area. Thanks all
    • Monkster
      By Monkster
      We're a little over a week away from the 6th annual LCRA Ice Fishing contest on Lake Gervais in Little Canada, MN! Lots of great prizes, over $10,000 in prizes and raffle. Grand prize for fishing is a Marcum flasher, a Clam X200 flip over thermal and an Eskimo auger! Come on out Saturday, February 4th, noon to 3pm. Line up early for a good spot, the tent will open by 9am with beverages (alcohol and non-alcohol), food and raffle tickets. The raffle is the LCRA's winter raffle. $5 tickets, grand prize is a trip to Vegas and $1,000 cash! You don't have to be present to win in the raffle, that will be drawn after the prizes for the fishing contest around 4pm that day.

The Little Canada Recreation Association is a non-profit group that raises money to offset registration fees for youth in the Little Canada, Roseville, Maplewood and Vadnais Heights areas. We also fund scout projects, playground equipment and many types of sports equipment for area teams.

For more information on the LCRA or to register for fishing, go to www.lcraonline.org

• Maxers4146
      By Maxers4146
      Hey I am looking for spots in the metro area for anything that is keeper sized, Walleye, Crappie, Bluegill, Perch. I live in eden prairie so anything in that area would be nice. If you PM me, ill give you the spot that i just caught a 27" 8.5 pound walleye that i caught last weekend. I am pretty new to ice fishing in the metro area so i don't know any spots.
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Making venison jerky as healthier snack when I go ice fish! Don't get me wrong them mini doughnuts and Mountain Dew are good but they are not helping me stay alive.

• TactcialFishing
      By TactcialFishing
      Welcome Anglers,

To those who love the sport of ice fishing. We all have a story or two of the BIG ONE that got away. Now we can show the big one that didn't get away! Introducing the Crappie Coffin, the only ice fishing net on the market today. Born out of the frustration of losing that big fish at the top of the hole. I decided to go to work on a solution to this problem. The Crappie Coffin is the result of this effort. Placed in the drilled ice hole, you drop your jig down through the center of the Crappie Coffin and fish as always. The hooked fish is reeled up and enters through the one way passage at the bottom and is then trapped within the net. Also your sonar transducer will work normally placed inside the unit. No more lost fish wrapped around your transducer. Once you use the Crappie Coffin you'll never want to fish without one.

http://www.tacticalfishing.net

• Rick G
      By Rick G
      What are some of your go-to options for cold front conditions?

Normaly, I am on the move. Weather it be spot to spot or hole to hole, always trying to find the next bite. But durring cold front conditions, like we had yesterday and again today I choose to take a different route. For me, siting tight durring tough conditions has usually paid off move than jumping around would. Finding a school of fish or a likley looking ambush point and parking right on top of it, then working it hard can be the key to sucess durring the cold cold days.
    • SweetsFishing
      By SweetsFishing
      Hey all,a little update for you on how things are going up here in the north land. After extensive flooding with the other resorts on the creek and some help from some heavy equipment we now have a suitable crossing on the lake side of the point! We began hauling houses out today and are excited to get fishing soon! If anyone has an itch to get some early ice fishing in we have a couple houses out now and plan on bringing the rest of the fleet out over the next couple of days. The ice in the first couple miles past the crossing is quite rough but there's smoother ice after about the 2 mile mark on the trail. The early reports of the fishing from the first few days is decent in the 20-23' of water range jigging with frozen shiners. Happy fishing everyone and we can't wait to see you on beautiful Lake of the Woods! 

Visit us on the web www.sweetsfishing.com
      Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/sweetsfishing
      Follow us on Twitter www/twitter.com/sweetsfishing

• Dupac
      By Dupac
      Anybody get on the ice yet in the south metro? Haven't found more than 2 inches in my usual spots.
    • Spearing Machine
      I figured I would start up a new thread for us to use for the winter now that things are starting to set up and guys may be starting to creep out on the bays and smaller water.   I did some more poking around on Pike Bay this morning and I don't have anything much new to report. We've got less than an inch of fluffy snow on the ice and things healed up after the warm front this week. I worked my way from shore out into the middle of the bay and ice was relatively uniform between 5.25 and 5.5 inches of nice clear ice. Earlier this week I checked all landings on the Tower end and everything was iced up except for open water way out in Big Bay appearing to mostly be all West of Birch/Ely islands. Not sure if all the recent strong winds from North and South have changed that status though. I'm still sticking with my original guess of December 2 for my first trip off McKinley on 5 inches.   Good luck this winter to all and Be Safe!
    • monstermoose78
      Bummer 
    • eyeguy 54
        click below to check different areas. there are maps to click on also.  just scroll to find. pretty neat tool.    http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/cwdcheck/index.html
    • ANYFISH2
    • Rancid Crabtree
      extended forecasts look good up north. We won't have fish-able ice in the metro until at least the 2nd weed in December assuming no dramatic temp changes. The big Expo is Dec1-3 but temps look promising ~1.5hrs north. I wonder if the ability to go fishing might impact the amount of traffic at the show!
    • Kettle
      There's preliminary testing then if flagged it gets shipped to a lab I believe in CO to verify the results.
    • Chill62
      10 day forecast doesn't show anything with low temps below 15 degrees.  It might make ice but it wont be making it necessarily fast.
    • Nix769
      Thanksgiving would be nice...but first week of December still works!   Rogers on Red is already allowing wheelers and sleds...no side by sides yet.
    • leech~~
    • Rick
      A 30-foot-tall white spruce, selected as the state’s official Christmas tree, was cut down today in the General C.C. Andrews State Forest, near Willow River.  The tree will be set up at the governor’s residence, 1006 Summit Ave., St. Paul, around 9 a.m., Monday, Nov. 20. The tree will be lit Monday, Nov. 27. DNR staff and the Conservation Corps of Minnesota cut the tree on the Friday before Thanksgiving each year from one of 59 state forests. However, the search for just the right tree begins months before. DNR foresters keep an eye out for a tall tree that’s nicely shaped and well filled out. It also needs to be in a location where it will not be damaged when dropped and then easily pulled out and loaded onto a trailer. Minnesota’s state forests provide clean air and water, recreational opportunities, wildlife habitat, timber and special forest products. This year, small businesses are making 150,000 wreaths with balsam boughs harvested from state forest lands. The estimated annual sales for Minnesota companies producing holiday wreaths exceed $23 million and Minnesota’s public lands support a large share of this economic activity. Each holiday season, half a million Christmas trees are harvested from private tree farms in Minnesota, contributing about $30 million to the state’s economy. For each tree harvested, one to three trees are planted. Real Christmas trees store carbon during their lifespan. They can be chipped for mulch when the season is over, making them an environmentally friendly choice.
      More information and details on viewing the tree is on the state Christmas tree page. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.