Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
monstermoose78

Hunting Season 2017 starts in the morning

monstermoose78

Get ready !!

monstermoose78

Going to try and get a dove or three and maybe some crows.

monstermoose78

Got three doves but no crows. Note to self if using pheasant loads let the doves get out there before shooting. 

IMG_0077.JPG

birdguy

It was nice to hear the shooting Saturday morning. I'm limited to grouse and maybe some pheasants with a 20 gauge this year. Tore three tendons and my bicep muscle in my right arm a year ago (shooting arm) - shot my spring turkey left handed this year. Got everything fixed though - Doc says I'll be able to shoot a 12 gauge again next year - sucks getting old, but maybe duck hunting with a 20 might work, small ponds and woodies? Yep, might just work......?

• Like 1

monstermoose78

You can hunt everything with a 20. My brother kill countless geese with his 20 gauge.

gimruis

You might have trouble using a 20 gauge for turkeys.  They have body armor.

monstermoose78

They have some amazing turkey loads for 20 gauges now.

monstermoose78

Well a no go for youth waterfowl day, so Finn and I are going to whack some doves.

monstermoose78

Not one dove seen while out hunting for them. Finn and I found a crippled goose and I called it in to the local dnr. I did not buy a early goose license or I would let Finn get it.

monstermoose78

Went up north grouse hunting it was fun. I must say having a dog makes it better. 

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

This weekend is duck opener and I am jacked up for it. 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

I can’t sleep!! I got a problem and my dog does too!! I got two more hours to sleep.

monstermoose78

Got two drake woodies took some advice from some great shooters and I only shot like 5 shells. Finn retrieved my ducks but got muddy so he got a bath.

475A87AB-5740-4241-AE0C-3563A9CC83A4.jpeg

260040CE-68B8-45AE-97F3-0E7651D4CCEB.jpeg

48A7F47D-55FC-4A11-9A29-F3611BE16110.jpeg

Duckdog2017

Where is good duck hunting I have a new young Hunter anything in isanti surrounding areas

monstermoose78

There lots of lakes and public land to explore. 

gimruis

I went out for duck opener near Milaca and it was sweltering HOT.  It was even cloudy/drizzly for a portion of the morning and it was still unbearable.  The DNR needs to move all these major hunting season openers back a week.  Its pretty obvious that fall is getting hotter and hotter.  We got 6 ducks and 2 geese but so it was at least a somewhat decent hunt but that didn't make up for the fact that it was like hunting in Louisiana.

monstermoose78

They can’t really move it back because the teal and woodies would be gone

gimruis

The woodies were still around in November last season because it was in the 60's on deer opener.  They won't be gone.

monstermoose78

Nope there is a bunch of wood ducks around as I hunted with @river rat316 today got my limit of woodies. 

64E2237F-F902-4EF0-8BF6-5298B1DBB7F5.jpeg

C60B2E0E-15F2-44F6-80F7-ECA0003907C7.jpeg

monstermoose78

I got a double on mergansers I thought that was great. Finn made a fine double retrieve, but both were laying dead in the pond.

AFA6E170-418E-4100-A1C1-75D1AE25ABE7.jpeg

3B8CB417-DEF7-4722-89DF-65BD086EC989.jpeg

342B16DD-15F6-48BE-8FF5-58BDA114894E.jpeg

CC76DC29-D994-4942-A14B-A659FB7D2C74.jpeg

0071E7DC-AAB9-43D2-BCE6-E3E50618EE9E.jpeg

monstermoose78

Got one more wood duck

526E1810-79B3-49E7-AAC0-56954C4DC40E.jpeg