Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ANYFISH2

Camp Ripley 2017

ALEXANDER1

Those are some great bucks!  Looks like fun..  Are you guy's going way back in the woods or staying out along the roads and hunting escape routes?  I've tried both with limited success in there but curious to see what other guys are doing.  I love hunting ripley, hunted it for 5 years now.   maybe it's the challenge and adventure

ANYFISH2
2 hours ago, ALEXANDER1 said:

Those are some great bucks!  Looks like fun..  Are you guy's going way back in the woods or staying out along the roads and hunting escape routes?  I've tried both with limited success in there but curious to see what other guys are doing.  I love hunting ripley, hunted it for 5 years now.   maybe it's the challenge and adventure

The area i hunt is near a road, couple hundred yds away.  I hunt a pinch leading to/from a suspected bedding area.

Boonie5

I would say it was a decent year for camp. IMO the weather was perfect and the snow cover made for a lot more deer seen compared to last few years. I think its coming back but nowhere close to where it was 10-15 years ago. Who knows if it will ever get there but I sure do enjoy hunting in there so will continue to apply. 

I hunted all day both days and saw plenty of deer including a "Ripley Buck" on Sunday at about 3:45 but couldn't compete with the doe he was chasing. Of all the people I talked to and our group it seemed like the bucks were on their feet and people were seeing more bucks then does or fawns, however most being smaller. 

Here is one my buddy shot on Saturday around 3 o'clock 

jb.jpg

• Like 3

ALEXANDER1

Agreed Boonie.  I noticed this year a lot more gates that said "foot traffic only".  Spent a lot more time walking this year. 

anyone else notice more of those?  I think I need to find a lighter climber for next year.