• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Leeches

BringAnExtension

Does anyone know where I can get some jumbo leeches between the Twin Cities and Mille Lacs?  I would even settle for large.  There seems to be a shortage of supply.

Thanks!

Not uncommon at all for this time of year.  I used to try and find some regularly around Labor Day and always ran into problems.  I think its just the nature of the bait business.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
1 hour ago, gimruis said:

Not uncommon at all for this time of year.  I used to try and find some regularly around Labor Day and always ran into problems.  I think its just the nature of the bait business.

Plus+1  The size seems to drop off late in the year. Last year bait shops I went to were selling Large as Jumbos and small as large! :angry:

Leeches are somewhat seasonal and not as prevalent later in the open water season (now).  It's the nature of the bait.

Vados would be my first call between the Cities and Mille Lacs but you could always try calling a few shops on the southern side of the lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fish Lake Baits in Harris had some nice large leeches a couple of weeks ago.

Cliff