Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Dock Boy

Voyageur Park Lodge on Lake Kabetogama recently purchased brand new Ice Trek brand fish houses to rent on Lake Kabetogama.  The houses themselves are all aluminum with spray foam insulation, clean, warm and comfortable!  If your looking for something different from the usual LOW, Red experience check us out.  These are day use houses only and we will offer lodging at Voyageur Park Lodge.  We will only have one lodging unit open in the winter, so fishing parties will be the only guests at the resort, so lots of privacy and no other parties around.  Fish houses will be private out on the ice also! 

We are excited to be the only angling houses on Lake Kabetogama!  If your looking for  something different let us know!

Voyageur Park Lodge (Reef Runner Ice houses)

Satchmo

Sweet! I may have to look you up if I get up to my RV this winter.

Knowknot

Will you have roads plowed to the houses or are sleds needed?  Also which cabin do you have winterized?

Dock Boy

We do not plow roads here as we have a tracked machine to transport guests.   Roads breed people and we prefer our houses to be remote and not around any other houses.  For the most up to date info you can check out our facebook page.  We have a link directly from our website.  

www.voyageurparklodge.com

Tight lines!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A few friends and I decided to try our hand at something we've never done before - targeting Channel Catfish through the ice. This definitely proved to be a bit of a challenge and took me out of my comfort zone. After getting a few bites and fish up the hole we started to figure out a method that worked for us. I don't feel like it's the most productive way to catch these fish but it worked out for us that day. At the end of the day everyone in our group caught quite a few fish, had their rods doubled over and left with smiles on our faces. These fish put up a heck of a fight on Walleye gear! I will definitely try to get back up there this season.

• Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Anyone know of a good ice fishing lake near vermilion? Perhaps something with a hot panfish bite.
    • UncleKes
      By UncleKes
      I used to fish a small lake just north of Malmo on Milla Lacs at a town called Glen.  The Lake was called Clear Lake.  I have not fished it in quite some time and wondered if anyone has any information on it.  (Ice conditions, whats biting, etc.)
      I moved to St. Cloud a few years ago but thought it might be nice to ice fish the lake this winter.  I used to catch some nice stringers of perch, crappies, and sunfish.  
      Can anyone tell me if they are still selling bait at the Gas Station/RestaurantStore at Malmo?
      Any info would be appreciated.
      Uncle Kes
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

• Rick
      By Rick
      Minnesota Ice Fishing Reports by Area - Share you ice fishing stories here...Click it to set the hook!!!
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Went and checked the first ice lakes and found .5 inches to almost 2 inches. If you go out please bring a buddy and dry clothes.
    • Barrington
      By Barrington
      NOW BOOKING FOR THE 2018 ICE FISHING SEASON!!
      LIMITED SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE..

Barrington Lake camp will now be offering remote ice fishing for the very first time thanks to its unique train access. You can also come by ski-doo from the town of Savant Lake. Its a 30-45min ride.
      Ice fishing with us at Barrington r Camp will be one of the coolest fishing trips you ever experience! Pristine snow covered lakes in the rugged Canadian Shield. Remoteness! Where the fish are plentiful and tasty!
      During our ice fishing season, we use the main lodge for accommodations. The air tight wood stoves in every room keep you  toasty warm and the propane lights make it cozy and rustic.
      This is remote ice fishing at its best. At camp you will have a heated room, Wi-Fi, full kitchen with propane fridge and stove, a newly built heated outhouse, and electricity on demand to charge batteries and extra lights. A flat screen TV for hockey games is also available.
      We access numerous lakes by snowmobile, ATV and even snowshoes. We travel with portable ice huts to keep us mobile and on top of fish.  Water will be available through the lake but there will be no running water for showers.
      The fishing has been outstanding all summer long so why not extend it year round. Main species in the lake are walleye, northern, white fish, and some perch. There has been numerous 26"-30" walleye's caught on a weekly basis through out the summer. This camp and lake have been private up until this past summer. 90% of groups who came for the first time this year have already booked for next year. References are available.
      Limited spots available for ice-fishing. Only 2 rooms available in the winter months. You will have 1000's of acres of water at to your self.

******4 Man Sunday to Monday Special $600/Person******
      Included in the package..
      -Accommodations
      -Train tickets
      -Ice auger
      -Ice Shelter
      -Quad or Ski doo for traveling the late
      All you need is your equipment & Food. Our ice fishing packages are very flexible and can be customized to suit your requests. Come try one of our Northwestern Ontario winter getaways, ice fishing remote waters!
      The train departs either Armstrong Ontario north of Thunder Bay, or Sioux Look out Ontario 2 days a week. Its a 1.5 hour ride direct to camp from either direction. Dates can be re-arranged to suit your needs.
      Call or e-mail for more information.
      Tonnes of new reviews & references available from this year.
      Check out our website at
      www.barringtonlakecamp.com
      or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Barringtonlake/
      Jonathan & Lyndsey
      807-584-2202
      807-407-4202                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      807-407-3997
      You wont be disappointed!! No one has been yet!
    • Kab Kid
      By Kab Kid
      Good opening weekend...great weather for opener and more boats than normal I would say.  Fishing was good, not great.  I'm sure others have differing opinions, but for us we found larger walleyes in 6-12 feet when pitching jigs.  You had to put up with the large number of small northern that must have been hungry!  Most of our walleyes came by way of a jig and minnow, in 30-35 ft of water...most of these 9-13" and went back, but every 4-5 fish was keepable and a fair number of sauger's were in the mix.  Problem was you could catch 3-5 fish in a spot and then you needed to move.  So, lots of boats running all day Saturday.  Saturday night/evening the bite improved and keeper fish were coming from 22-28' of water, again with a jig and minnow for us.  Sunday sunny and beautiful day to be on the water!  Similar patterns with the evening bite producing most of our keepers that day.

As far as scenery, you simply can't beat this area.  Kabetogama, Namakan, Ash River, and Crane lake is truly beautiful and the fishing is just bonus.  Listening to other fisherman, it seems the slot is frustrating some people...again lots of small fish (future fish) and many 20-22" walleyes but not many trophy's and eaters were tough to find.  All and all, great opener again on Kabetogama, hope everyone else had fun and a safe opening weekend.  Happy to talk fishing on Kabetogama, enjoy the season...

Kab Kid
      http://www.kabkid.com

• CarterJohn
      By CarterJohn
      Hello everyone I'm just looking for fishing reports in the BWCAW, Ely area. Thanks all
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• derbier122x
      Mine says it expires 2/25 this year. Either that or it' too work out to read.
    • mrpike1973
      Fished 4 days this last weekend. 1 tullibee, 1 walleye, sun up to sun down drilled and moved several times. Fun to fish but came home and limited out on sunnies on a small lake near me the allure of the big pond is over for me. Just my 2 cents good luck and have fun if you go.
    • Ron Vroom
      When I purchased them at a sports show, the guy doing the demo recommended the small duckbill pliers he was using sold by Menard’s. I tried using a small needle nose as well as a leather man, and ruined quite a few. I got the duck bills at Menard’s and that was the ticket, just like the guy said! I think the pressure is spread more evenly over the stop.
    • Alex wilhelmi
      That's what I want to hear. Thank you sir
    • monstermoose78
      It’s still a blast to fish
    • Alex wilhelmi
      thank you tom sawyer good to know,
    • Tom Sawyer
      Walleye numbers are strong. Unfortunate for the fisherman, the perch forage base on the lake has exploded. Lots of 3" - 5" food for the walleye = a tough bite....  
    • Alex wilhelmi
      Ok guys just a question not looking for places to go or tips. Just a question about the fish numbers. I've read multiple reviews that are good and bad, some say the Indians are over fishing it, others say all the sleeper houses are over fishing it. That and when the DNR does their number count. Walleye numbers are really low. Others say it's awesome fishing. But the bass and big walleye and Pike are eating all the young eyes. It's a huge lake it has to be good! Friend of mine went up with a portable Last weekend for the tournament and a 2.5 lb tullibee won the whole thing. And he didn't catch a thing. Long trip from Iowa to get beat down like that. I want to fish this lake so bad, with a portable or sleeper. But is it worth it? Fish numbers good or not? Thanks guys
    • Wanderer
      Yah, that lake is going to be crazy busier than normal this weekend. Another poster asked about rental wheelhouses a week or so ago and they were pointed toward C l I s t.  You could try that as well since they’re dealer based.
    • Sculpin
      Not sure who you have tried,  but it can be difficult as a result of the Perch Extravaganza. I have to believe somebody has a shack yet. I'll throw out some name's: Jerry Brandts,  Eddy Lybacks, Kevin McQuoids (Macs Twin Bay), Hunter Winfields, Dickies, Castaways, Agate Bay, Hunters Point, Barnacles, Red Door, Twin Pines, Garrison Sports, Rocky Reef, Appledorns, KJ's Ice fishing, Randys Rentals. Good Luck, hope you find a shack
  • Share & Have Fun