Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

mrklean

Heading to Burntside next month with my wife for the first time, we are staying on the lake.  Going to try and troll for lakers any tips for late summer early fall lakers?

chaffmj

You might also want to try jigging vertical for them.

mrklean

Heading up next week any reports out of Burntside?

Wanderer
22 hours ago, mrklean said:

Heading up next week any reports out of Burntside?

I wish...  I just had another craving to be on that lake while sitting at work reviewing snow contracts. 

I'd just start watching your depth finder to see what's suspended.  No great secret there.  It's probably too early for the shallow trolling pattern to kick back in.

If you're not downrigging or using dipsies, just put on your deepest diving minnow baits and hit it.  Or vertical jig as Chaff mentioned if you mark some loafers and the wind is calm.  I always found it difficult to vertical jig on Burntside with wind and be able to use the baits those lakers will actually hit.  It has been ok in calm water though.

Really - I wish I could be more help!

chaffmj

I haven't been on Burntside for over a month but I will ask around and will post if I hear anything. 

delcecchi

Don't lakers start doing the pre-spawn thing in the fall?   Moving towards reefs etc?