• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rainy Lake June 10-16, 2017

We took our annual trip to Rainy Lake in mid-June staying at Taylor's Cove along Bear's Pass.  My dad started going there back in the late 70's and now brings me and my son.  Every year provides great memories, new and old.  Anyhow, fishing was very good, particularly for bass and walleye. Water temps ranged from 62-72 degrees.  Most days were about 75 degrees, overcast and breezy.  Our biggest smallmouth was 22" and biggest walleye was 30".  In fact we boated ten walleye 25" or larger.  We caught pike up to 37".  We found walleyes in weedy bays around 6-10' deep.  Bass were in 5-8'.  Most of the fish were spitting up perch so I imagine that's what kept them shallow.  A few pics to share.  Wish I could be there more often...

DSCN1205.JPG

DSCN1208.JPG

IMG_20170615_111445253.jpg

IMG_20170611_125737633.jpg

DSCN1206.JPG

DSCN1203.JPG

IMG_20170611_125802126.jpg

IMG_20170612_193306518.jpg

DSCN1207.JPG