• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Froggin season is here

TNtoMN_HuntFish

I got the yak in a lake NE of metro Sunday. Wind was awful but I powered my way to the lilypads. The frogs are in there and so are the bass. I spent a lot of time over the weeds with little action so I didn't have much time in the pads but I got 2 bass. One dink, one nice one that came home for dinner. Also missed a few blowups and had a few small pike pester me. I saw some massive blowups in there, must have been big pike. 

Anyone hunt bullfrogs at night up here or is that solely a southern thing? I want to try it sometime. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not much for bullfrogs here in Mn.  Or leopard frogs anymore!  Those 2 would be the biggest frogs to hunt.  It will be nothing like you are probably used to.

If you do it, let us know how it goes.

Bullfrogs aren't native to Minnesota. They were spread throughout the US by anglers using them for bait. Green and wood frogs can get decent sized. It's been awhile since I used to go after frogs. All the good spots I used to catch them as a kid are now suburban shopping centers or housing developments now :(

34 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

All the good spots I used to catch them as a kid are now suburban shopping centers or housing developments now :(

Shame isn't it? Pretty soon we'll have to go to Canada just to find some trees let alone hunting land.