Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

TNtoMN_HuntFish

First Mille Lacs trip 5/27

TNtoMN_HuntFish

Being a kayak angler I have to be careful going to the big pond because of wind. With calm winds Saturday I had to make a trip. I found a nice gravel spot to park and drag my yak to the water and avoid the madness at public launches. It sure was nice. The pic is from right before I launched, nice and quiet. 

Smallies all over in a few feet of water on beds. They didn't want to eat though. Some guys would drop an anchor and pester the same fish for 20 minutes until she ate. That's not my style so I moved on. Eventually I got this football to slam a stick worm fished weightless, texas rigged, like a jerkbait. I didn't sight fish her, just casted into the pencil reeds after missing a blowup on topwater. She slammed it instantly. She was in the slot so she had to be released. I also got a handful of pike, nothing big enough to want to eat except one which jumped right at my kayak and spit the spinnerbait right back at me. 

This lake is so awesome and so different from anything I've seen being from TN. It's going to take some time to learn, that's for sure. 

20170527_053707.jpg

MLSMB.jpg

• Like 2

Stick in Mud

Very cool report!  I've canoed the Pond but never kayaked it....you sure don't see many self-propelled boats out there. :)