Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
monstermoose78

Get ready !!

Rancid Crabtree

extended forecasts look good up north. We won't have fish-able ice in the metro until at least the 2nd weed in December assuming no dramatic temp changes. The big Expo is Dec1-3 but temps look promising ~1.5hrs north. I wonder if the ability to go fishing might impact the amount of traffic at the show!

monstermoose78

Bummer 

JIvers

Second week of December is looking good for southern Minnesota, if the current long range forecasts are close to accurate. Maybe even the first week of the month with a little luck.

Dirtyfisheyes

By the look of the forecast, single digit lows at night and no snow. Should it be safe to say that the first of December would be safe for snow machines? Itching to make the trip. Also any recommendations for lodging would be helpful 

• Like 1

2 hours north of town is ready! Went a ways out drilling my way on two different lakes yesterday. 4 inches on one, 5 on the other, as far as I felt like walking. The 4 inch one was all 4, the 5 incher was 8 near shore and I U turned the car on ice when I left! This is going to be a very long 3 day week.. 

• Like 1

JIvers

It is too early to get excited, but it looks like that first cold snap of the winter may get her a couple days earlier than was predicted a week or so ago.

In southern Minnesota, highs next week are now forecast to dip below freezing and stay there after Wednesday, with lows around ten degrees after that. Without too much wind, or snow falling on that new ice, I may just be able to drive up and hit some lakes around Faribault or Waseca by the weekend of December 8-9.

AlwaysFishing23

Buddy and I got out last weekend on a bigger bay off a bigger lake  and we had a solid 6 1/4 inches everywhere we Checked. Ending up getting a few perch and a few pike on tip ups and even a bonus 20 inch walleye! Not looking like it will be this weekend but hopefully next weekend with whether and family plans to get out again. If you wanted to get out this weekend and your looking for a lake to fish with very safe ice yet with this weeks warm up and wind let me know I’ll tell you. 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

I am going to set another get together once we get some good ice who would come

• Like 2

eyeguy 54

sounds like fun moose!

ZachD

Ill come if I can make it where you thinking?

monstermoose78

Not sure yet where. I have the find some fish

• Like 1

Wanderer
On 11/29/2017 at 6:29 PM, monstermoose78 said:

If I can make it, can I bring fishing gear this time?

• Haha 1

monstermoose78
34 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

If I can make it, can I bring fishing gear this time?

That would be great 

ZachD

was out after thanksgiving but with this warm spell I will wait until this cold snap comes next tues and see how things are on the weekend after

I hear isle bay has 6 inches of ice right now and its holding up good

12.jpg

23.jpg

• Like 3

Wanderer

One of my potential plans was to get on some ice this weekend.  My wife said “no” but she also says I don’t listen very well. ;)

• Haha 2

JIvers

I think we're going to come up a tiny bit short for good ice in southern Minnesota for the weekend of December 9-10. If the forecasts right now hold some bays and very small secluded lakes south of the Cities could be safe for walking, but it is probably not worth my time and gas to drive up there.

The weekend of the 16th is looking very good for the entire state of Minnesota. :)

Rick G
23 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Not sure yet where. I have the find some fish

On 11/29/2017 at 6:29 PM, monstermoose78 said:

Me;)

Lake we ended last season on usually has pretty decent early ice... Nice walleyes in that lake too

• Like 2

eyeguy 54

looking forward to popping back up there asap. :) 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Ok let’s do it 

• Like 2

Wanderer
1 hour ago, Rick G said:

Me;)

Lake we ended last season on usually has pretty decent early ice... Nice walleyes in that lake too

About 30 minutes from me.  

No, I wasn’t there last year.

JIvers

Not liking my chances of making a GTG this year, but will keep my fingers crossed.

Speaking of crossing fingers, the predicted temps for the next week just keep getting lower...

Rick G
2 minutes ago, JIvers said:

Speaking of crossing fingers, the predicted temps for the next week just keep getting lower...

Yes they are:D

@monstermoose78. Let's get a plan together

Dirtyfisheyes

I’m ready 

B1D40FF2-CE25-4B43-A477-42FE16AFCD0D.jpeg

• Like 1

monstermoose78
1 hour ago, Rick G said:

Yes they are:D

@monstermoose78. Let's get a plan together

Alright let’s do this

The ice will be in trouble with us and the big batteries