• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi guys - went out on Blue lake yesterday .... water temps around 61 -62 on the surface.    Tried for some walleye with ripple shads in the weeds with no success, did manage a nice Bass.  we switched to crappies and managed keeping a nice meal.  Let a nice monster Blue Gill go (9.75") and kept some nice Sunnies for the frying pan.   Pan fish were pretty active if you hit the right spots.  A lot of people out there and the access was not a place to be in a hurry!!   We had to work for the crappies and the ones we caught were 9"-10" crappies full of eggs.  I would guess that although the ice was out early, many of the species are now late and delayed on the spawn.   if this weather don't warm up quick, i think the bass will drop their eggs and it won't be a good year for bass spawn this year.    Talked to some anglers out their bass fishing and they thought it was very slow and were puzzled.

Cret

• Thumbs Up 4

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I am ready to fish now that turkey season is done for my nephew 

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice report Cret:)

Musta been a thrill getting that 9.75 Gill.

Went out my self this weekend, not on blue but close to it. Crappies sitting on beds, some have spawned some have not. Caught hundreds of crappies over the weekend very hard to get good size ones. Here are some pics. 

Snapchat-1886171386.jpg

Snapchat-1830661433.jpg

Snapchat-629935471.jpg

Snapchat-1232449899.jpg

Snapchat-1853033563.jpg

Snapchat-1230361932.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2