Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

guideman

Vermilion Walleye Classic.

10 posts in this topic

Looks like the weather will be pretty bad for the classic this year. Forecast is calling for an 80% chance of rain and very windy conditions. Fortunately for me I have decided to skip the tournament this year. I think the wife and I will do our fishing on Friday and Sunday to avoid the bad weather. Have fun all you classic anglers, don't forget to wear your rain gear.

"Ace"

"It's just fishing man"

4 people like this

What's the outcome Cliff? Are you fishing the tourney? 

Appreciate the update Cliff!

Glad you were able to get in. Any idea if they have posted the results or where to find them?

First time fishing the tourney.  Brutal trip across big bay in the crestliner but we ended up in 14th with a check. We had a perfect 19 7/8 fish.  Had a 20 1/4 and 3 from 22-23" to. I was up all week and was really impressed with the average size fish this week. 

I fished the tournament and cashed a check also, the weather forecast earlier in the week was looking like a wash out but Friday night we were informed that the rain was going to hold off which it did and it turned out to be a decent day with the exception of the strong east wind. Like cliff we had issues with our equipment as well, my transducer was slamming against the back of the boat after our first trip across big bay in the morning. My trolling motor would not deploy when we made it to our first fishing spot but my anchor worked well and we were fortunate that we didn't need to move to catch fish. 

I was surprised at the number of slot fish we caught, I was also surprised at the number of big fish weighed and the overall number of fished weighed at the end of the tournament at Fortune bay. The old saying  "winds from the east you catch the least" didn't hold true yesterday. The folks who put on the City Auto Glass tournament are top notch and it was a very well run event.

leader board.jpg

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

• Sir Krash & Mr. Black.  
  • Coolimoolio job on in the money finish and sticking to it despite troubles. 
  • Big Smiles photo was fun to see. 
  • Keep on rocken! 
  •  
  • T.

Edited by TomWehler