Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Cobber

Carpet Question! -- Scotch Guard?!

Cobber
We have had our new boat out a few times, and already starting to see the nice grey carpet getting spots that are going to be 'problem areas' as far as dirt/slime due to being 'high traffic areas'.

I've read that I can clean it back up, and while clean- apply Scotch Guard , or spray-protectors to the carpet. Anybody have opinions on that- good or bad?

There's also the issue of what 'kind' of spray... WITH Silicone? WITHOUT? Etc.?

Thanks for any help!

-Cobber

Bass Thumb

White vinegar soaks followed by a light scrubbing with a soft brush is the best way to clean marine carpet. I haven't heard good reports about using products to prevent carpet from getting dirty. They seem to result in dirtier carpet in the long run. 

A well-used boat is going to get dirty, sad to say, so it's best to know how to clean it rather than trying to prevent it from getting dirty.

Edited by BassThumb.