Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Ice Shack Baby

Mille Lacs Ice Out

2 posts in this topic

Right around 12:41 pm today on Mille Lacs Messenger:

Ice is out

Late Sunday evening, April 9, a layer of dark black ice was seen floating back and forth in Garrison Bay. Meanwhile a similar clump of dark ice was floating about three miles out from the east side as spotted by Eddy Lyback. By Monday morning, April 10 both east and west sides had a wide open view. This was the view of the lake from the Wealthwood public access Monday at 7:30 a.m. A few areas on the south and southwest sides of the lake also had some ice pile-ups. Ice out is officially called when a boat can safely navigate the waterway from Isle to Garrison without hitting any ice. 

1 person likes this

Pretty crazy how fast it went this year.   

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• live4chrome
      If a stream is non-navigable but has been meandered, the shoreland owners own to the thread (centerline) of the stream. If a lake or stream is non-navigable and not meandered, ownership of the bed is as indicated on individual property deeds    its sad that just a few bad apples can ruin it for the rest of us,
    • JBMasterAngler
      That would be unfortunate if it was shut down. But I wouldn't blame the property owners if they did, as I wouldn't like my property getting trashed either. My oldest daughter, and son, both caught their first rainbow trout out of there 2 years ago, and it's always a must stop on our way to Grand Marais. How is it possible that the river itself is private property?
    • jwmiller33
      For anyone that's interested, the docks were not in on the east side of Island as of Saturday. It was nice to see the lake a little higher than it normally is this time of year but the water was still way too cold for much crappie action - at least where I was fishing. Lots of logs and debris floating around in the middle of the lake so pay attention out there!
    • cabsav
      thanks everyone for the input, we have decided to drive and take our own kayaks for the convenience. plus we can carry more tackle.
    • smurfy
      Thanks. So it hasn't changed much then. Still might go give it a whirl!