Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

knoppers

Open water reports

4 posts in this topic

its almost there, the lakes are getting close, next weekend should allow open water fishing.

1 person likes this

Im hoping gun is open by then.

How is Big Sandy looking?  

gun lake was wide open just as all the others in this area. big sandy must be open, I did not get over there to see. already caught some gills over the weekend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• leech~~
    • Rick G
      Big Watab lake "St Cloud area" between Cold Spring and St Joseph. Couple smaller bodies of water in the area as well.... Mn DNR lakefinder is helpfull. Couple small steams in this area too.
    • Rick G
      Lol..... u got me.... I know I look odd, but that is the way the good Lord made me..... That and my homley parents...lol
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I have also heard the rumors that the DNR removed adult fish to plant into other lake years ago. I heard that a few locals had gone as far as to threaten to dynamite the Pike River Dam if that practice did not stop!  I have never heard any proof either way on that report. I assume that fry are planted into lakes that they cannot reproduce in to give fishermen in the area of those lakes the chance to fish for walleyes. Most lakes that the walleyes can reproduce in naturally usually do not require yearly planting to maintain a fishable walleye population. The DNR quit milking walleyes early because they had no demand for fry elsewhere in the state. They very seldom try to fill all of the egg batteries in the hatchery anyway. Cliff  
    • smurfy
      so i'm heading up next wed. will I need to bring my ice fishing stuff!!!!!!!!!!!