• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yak Time

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
1 hour ago, Rick G said:

Was a heck of a fight...ul rod, 4lb test. I did likley look odd being pulled back and forth rather quickly:D

when dont you look odd? ? ? ;)   got ya

• Thumbs Up 2

Lol..... u got me.... I know I look odd, but that is the way the good Lord made me..... That and my homley parents...lol:D

• Thumbs Up 3

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, eyeguy 54 said:

It's a blast fighting smallies and have them hump almost eye level while in the yak. :) 

Hump, eh?  ;) 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Stick in Mud said:

Hump, eh?  ;) 

lol, went back and corrected my typo. i need a proof reader. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That gives a whole new meaning to "molesting the fish"  

I'm calling the warden....your one sick puppy:D

• Thumbs Up 1

I need therapy ! 

Guess what?!? Buddy of mine asked if I'd go yak fishin with him tomorrow maybe finnaly I'll get to get a few! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd be hooking up the trailer if I didn't have schedule filled. You guys better get out today and Saturday cuz mr wet and chilly is returning Sunday for a few days. Hoping to get into some good eyes on a pool 4 event Saturday with Fishing with Vets organization.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Kinda cold and windy yesterday. Fish really didn't seem to mind though. Finding ggod sized fish was the goal for the afternoon. Started off in a feeding bay that has a section of deeper water in it. This deeper water is where I found all my fish. Crappies were holding tight to the weed cover around the hole, while gills were closer to the surface. It wasn't fast fishing by any means, still I managed to find some real quality pannies;)

20170429_150453.jpg

20170429_144820.jpg

20170429_150457.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Buddy and I went out yesterday around noon. Fished for a few hours was a little windy but not to bad. Only got a small largemouth and one decent gill. Only fished for 2-3 hours tried all over the small lake we were on. Ooh well still nice to finnaly get out. Planning on taking the yak out on opener do a bass/pike/ walleye trip so exited for that. Few nice gills you got there rick!

• Thumbs Up 1

having yak withdrawal..... hurry up Wednesday! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the next week will be pretty nice. Fish should start to migrate shallow again within a couple days. 

• Thumbs Up 1

hopefully 24 hours from now :) 

T-17hrs captain

• Thumbs Up 3

sloooooooooooooowwwwwwwww today.  but good to be out on the yak. 

53b.jpg

53c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Slow indeed. Got one real nice crappie, a few smaller ones...and a hand full of small gills. Couple more warm days to put the fish back in the feeding mood.

20170503_114938.jpg

20170503_115018.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Finding fish close to bedding areas. Should start to see a few on the nests soon

20170504_135949.jpg

20170504_141234.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

First spot today was really good for numbers on crappies but nothing over 9 inches. So went to plan B and found some nice fish but only a few. This bluegill looks mad!  LOL  

54a.jpg

54b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Man the crappies just shut off for me....I guess the spawn and the shallows is over already 

24 minutes ago, Barefoot said:

Nice!  Did the water temp jump this week?

Yes...went down roughly 10degrees from what ir was....slowly climbing back the last few days

18 minutes ago, noska said:

Man the crappies just shut off for me....I guess the spawn and the shallows is over already 

They moved deeper durring the cold snap. Look for them to returm to the shallows very soon

Good news the water temps are climbing again and fish are moving are shallow. Possibly going to go out tonight but have to wait and see how long it takes to mow the lawn. For sure next weekend though but hopefully can get out tonight to.