Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

chris420

Musky fishing????

14 posts in this topic

never been musky fishing, over the last couple months i purchased around 45 musky lures and built a tackle box and built a rod and reel combo, the revo toro beast with 100lb powerpro and the beast rod 10ft1 xxxh rod for casting, i guess the lengths also good for doing a figure 8. i never fished for them, and would love to give it a try

480-220-6347 let me tag  long this summer, i would appreciate it. im in perham MN i got moneys and down to drive were every upto 4 hours.

i got some size #8 buck tails and size #10 and alot of size #13 along with some top water and alot of bulldawg pounders 11.5oz and 13oz

i do got a smaller lund boat and will be doing alot of trolling this summer on the lake i live on,big pine lake for notherns if anyone wants to tag along

20170223_123153.jpg

20170301_142846.jpg

20170301_143450.jpg

20170302_151446.jpg

20170302_152108.jpg

1 person likes this

Heavens....

3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Heavens....

Totally agree want to try musky fishing my self in the near future. Looks like a blast! Good luck!

about $819 for everything 

revo toro beast 60hs reel retails for 399$ i got it for $220 new in box

revo beast rod 10ft1 retails for $359 i got it for $221 plus $3 for shipping insurance- i figured get the long one to figure 8 without bending over all day

tackle box was 59$ plus $15 for the threaded rod

------------tackle industries has a sale now---------- get them while there cheap??

lures i got hooked up from "tackle industries" james-- $6.99 each hell of a deal i figured so i got alot-

--#13bucktails -$6.99

--pounder dawgs 11.5oz-13oz- $6.99

--tube style 14" and 10" for $6.99

the topwater lure was also $6.99

40 lures=$300--- i did 2 orders of $150 AND the second order he threw in a #10 and #8 bucktail along with a hat

i figured at the store they sell for $25-$35 might as well buy alot.. instead of a couple at a time that would add up over time

i do wanna buy the  bocca bearings for the real but $48 for 3 bearings is spendy but apparently you get a big difference in casting distance(16-24%)and smoothness  

1 person likes this

I've caught a lot of musky over the years.  Not a single one when I was fishing for them. ;)

Based on my experience you might want to add some walleye cranks or jigs. :P

2 people like this

I used to fish for muskies a lot in high school.  We mostly used bucktails (blue fox makes a great one), crankbaits (Jake's and grandmas), topwater (guide baits and propbaits) as well as big spinnerbaits.  This was before the big soft plastic baits came out and I can see where they would be good, but more often then not we were catching the most on a #6 blue fox super vibrex inline.  To keep it straight I would have bought a couple of the bulldogs and way more bucktails and crankbaits, the nice thing about bucktails and crankbaits is that you can troll and cast both of them. 

1 person likes this

All my recent Muskies and my PB 49" have been caught while bass fishing mostly on 3/4oz white double bladed spinner baits. With a few on clear/blue bombers. Pretty scary landing them without a net on 17lb fluoro.

1 person likes this

where did u find lures that cheap???????

On 4/21/2017 at 11:30 PM, bartell74 said:

where did u find lures that cheap???????

I believe he said "tackle industries"    

1 person likes this

Yep James at tackle industries.

Posted (edited)

thank you james,, got about 115-120 lures now :) cant say what i paid for the last 55-60 lures but i got a hell of a deal on them and couldnt pass up the deal.

picked up 2 -8.5inch flatsicks today, one in perch and the other a walleye color

got alot more sizes of bulldawgs--like 4 different weights and sizes 

- alot more bucktails size #8 and #10

--couple more hard baits not pictured 

--and picked up a bunch of smaller tube style baits-10inch

20170428_174740.jpg

Edited by chris420
1 person likes this

awesome collection of lures!

On 5/8/2017 at 3:28 PM, HugeHogChaser said:

awesome collection of lures!

now i just need to get on a lake with musky and try to catch one

I saw your other post where you said you had family with land on Vermilion. My family has owned a cabin on Pike bay since 2000 and I will tell you that is one of the best Musky Lakes around IMO