Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

TheQuackAddict

Cass Lake

7 posts in this topic

Anyone know what cass is lake these days? I wanna check it out for some eelpout this weekend into early week. Thanks!

1 person likes this

Jim had been fishing pout hard on Cass and PB and posts pretty regularly in the Cass Lake forum.

2 people like this

He has a new post there now.

1 person likes this

Sorry, kinda new to these forums, but where is the Cass lake forum..?

19 minutes ago, TheQuackAddict said:

Sorry, kinda new to these forums, but where is the Cass lake forum..?

About 5 spots below the Bemidji forum.

Or you can click here:

Cass Lake Forum

Most here post about their last trip in the Fishing Reports forums, more area specific info. No problem, TQA & welcome to FM

Edited by gunner55

Thanks guys! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• superkuh
      By superkuh
      Has anyone successfully fished for Burbot/eelpout on the lower St. Croix? Based on the DNR fish survey reports it looks like my best bet would be by the Kinni narrows. The numbers there look good.

My current plan is to try perpendicular to the sand bar on the north end stagnant water where it drops from 5 to 40 ft depth. I'll drill a set of holes starting in the deep and ending just short of the sandbar shallows. Then I'll progressively fish from deeper to shallower water as sunset approaches finishing up in 10-15 ft of water. I've got a couple poles rigged with glow buckshot rattle spoons and I'll buy some fatheads in Prescott to put on the trebles.

If anyone has a better location on the Croix or reasons why this is a fools errand I'm all ears.
    • Borch
      By Borch
      We I just rolled into the Cass Lake area right at prime time.  So I quickly drilled a few holes until I marked a few fish and set up.  Man the wind is howling!   Any rate the bite is slow but steady and I've landed several 12" crappies like this one.

Then a bit later stuck a thick slab just shy of 15".  Here's a pics of him heading back.
      Caught fish on a gently sloping flat about 24 fow.  Got fish on both minnows and plastics.
      I'm here for a few more days so hopefully will have a few more to add.
    • morga549
      By morga549
      So my family is doing a big reunion for like a week at a resort on Moose lake (the one just NE of Cass). My uncle from Hawaii is coming, and he's a fishing nut, so I was hoping to get him on some LM bass while he's here. Does anyone have some suggestions for where to catch em on Moose or surrounding lakes? 
      I'd like to do some top water frogging over Lilly pads so he can see how fun it is, but I'm sure he'd be happy catching em any way we can. 
      Anything helps. 
      Thanks, 
      Jack
    • Matt Breuer
      By Matt Breuer
      Fishing in the Bemidji area has taken a bit of a hit, and anglers have to work a little harder for their walleyes than they did a week or two ago. The jig bite is a thing of the past, and people rigging crawlers or leeches on the breaklines are starting to out-produce the guys fishing with jigs in shallow. Bottom bouncers and spinners with a crawler is also working very well on outside weed edges and off the breaks. The crankbait bite remains good over the sand and cabbage, as well as around mid-lake rocks and rubble. Salmo Hornets in 6-11' of water going 2.4 mph has been working well for us.
      Bass are hot right now, with smallmouth on the ledges waiting to ambush their next meal, and largemouth in the deep vegetation soaking in the 77 degree water temps.
      Panfish anglers should all rejoice, as July is the month of the plate-sized bluegill and the mid-summer slab crappie. Look for deep cabbage, and work it over with safety pin spinners or a bobber and wax worm. Mid-lake structure with cabbage is the best this time of year.
      Musky anglers are reporting a hot bite right now, with people seeing or catching fish on most every trip. Many of our walleye clients have lost baits or even fish due to muskies being overly aggressive. I'd venture to guess that now is the time for the musky hunters to smile.
      Plenty of fish to be had before summer is over! Give us a call!

• WalleyeChamp
      By WalleyeChamp
      Who's gonna be up on the lake next week??  Last year we had a small group sharing fishing info over text and it worked pretty well.  Let me know if you're interested and we can get set up.  Fishing should be good!
    • Jim Uran
      By Jim Uran
      Well guys looks like ill be moving to cass lake. Going to continue my education, looking at some special ed licensing courses. I'm sure ill be around here fishing from time to time but ill be fishing new waters around the cass lake area. Here is my # shoot me a text anytime! 218 401 1563
    • HUMMER 55
      By HUMMER 55
      Great info below and newer reports are on the pages that follow.

Anyone been out hitting the wally's hard on Cass Lake? if so has there been a time frame where theres more action during the day? and has anyone found a certain depth that there hanging around in?
      and hows the night bite ?

How about other fish?

• Chris Haley
      By Chris Haley
      I heard that crawlers on rigs with a small spinner or a slow death hook is working real good pulled through the cabbage weeds.  Anybody doing anything out there?
    • Joe
      By Joe
      Fishing Reports for the Bemidji are a below? Lake Conditions and Access as well?
      Enjoy posting how the fishing is going for you and include Pics if you'd like.
      Lots of great info below and newer fishing reports are on the pages that follow.

• Net_Man
      I read that they are going to close the walleye season on 9-5-17 regardless of whether the state's quota is met. Fall fishing gone again........    With these highly restrictive regulations that favor ones desire over another's desire will start to pit fisherman against each other.   If we need to have less fishing pressure on the lake then maybe we should close down all of the public launches. Then some would fish other lakes but the balance would be forced to pay to launch at a resort since we are worried about them. Then that extra business could cover their losses if we eliminate live bait which would hurt their fishing launch business. Maybe we should just ban all paid launch fishing and ban all paid guide service on the lake which just brings additional undesired fishing pressure. Maybe restrict the number of hours any one person is allowed to fish the lake throughout the year.   Heck, I would even favor closing walleye fishing for 3 or 4 years straight if that would get us back to some normal regulations.   Yes, these outbursts are why I do not text any more after 10:00 at night. Time to give up the keyboard also.......
    • Borch
      I would look in holes and flats near them.  Deep depends on how shallow the section that you're fishing is.
    • eyeguy 54
      monster quest.  
    • Whiskerbent
      Yeah pike I agree.  Am hoping to head down towards the lake and get to a couple holes
    • monstermoose78
      Going on the hunt tomorrow