Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
monstermoose78

Who is jacked up for Turkey Season

ZachD

I didn't think so I will ask the dnr but the way it reads youth and archery are not restricted to zone and time

Archerysniper

Archery tags have no zone restriction

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Good to know thanks guys

Kelly Oman

Im pumped for turkey,just 2 weeks away!

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Went over to my dads to drop off some cookies and thought I should sneak out back to see what is inthe field. I got to the pond and gobbles everywhere. 2 hens walk by followed by 7 jakes with 4 to 5 inch beards. Then a thunderous gobble and tom came out about 20 feet from me. My guess is he has 10 plus inch beard and well over inch spurs. I watched them go over the hill so moved closer to the field to see 3 strutters on the west end with a group of 4 hens by oak tree inthe middle. I decided I would back out and was almost to the house and a tom jumped out if the swamp and scared the crap out of me. It flew over the pond out to the field. I could feel the air being moved by his wings as he was maybe 5 feet from me.

I have patterned my shotgun for my nephew he is going to use the old 870 with the short stock Gordie made and I have been shooting my crossbow and I good to go. The nephew has been calling me about what he needs to bring with him I told him black clothes gloves and boots. I moved the blind to the front of the garage along with my decoys.

SpearPike

Do you need special broadheads for Turkeys or can you use the same as for deer?

monstermoose78
4 hours ago, SpearPike said:

Do you need special broadheads for Turkeys or can you use the same as for deer?

Same 

SpearPike

Thanks!!!

monstermoose78

My neighbors love me!! IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

OutdoorLife4Life

That's awesome!! 

monstermoose78

Live updates tomorrow

monstermoose78

Well so far I had 2 jakes come behind the blind and to the side no shot for the crossbow but tomorrow the nephew can blast them with the shotgun. Surprised at the number of ducks. Also the pheasants are a round now that hide from Finn and I all fall. 

• Like 2

monstermoose78

Well everyone I took a jake. A group of 5 came in as was watching some other turkeys in the beans. The jakes decided they could beat up my decoy so I said enough. 

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

• Like 2

1eyeReD

Grats Moose! I'd imagine jakes taste better anyway. Now you can get back to chasing fish!

• Like 2

monstermoose78
1 hour ago, 1eyeReD said:

Grats Moose! I'd imagine jakes taste better anyway. Now you can get back to chasing fish!

After my nephew gets one 

• Like 1

Kelly Oman

My buddy and I doubled on toms this morning. Both about 23 lbs and had 9inch beards. My first tom and first turkey taken with a bow. Had 6 toms come strutting into our decoys. Made the shot at 5yds!

20170413_074511.jpg

20170413_074301.jpg

Screenshot_2017-04-13-10-39-02.png

• Like 2

monstermoose78

That is awesome congrats 

• Like 1

OutdoorLife4Life

Congrats Moose and Kelly!! Nice birds!!

• Like 2

monstermoose78

My nephew was so excited he could not hold tight on a tom so he did not shoot. I am one proud uncle!

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Well it's raining we heard some turkeys but they don't want warm up yet. My nephew and I are trying. Thankful for the blind

• Like 1

1eyeReD

Was hunting on some public out west. Had some jakes come in the dekes. The one with the most noticeable beard walked past the blind at like 10 yards and I just choked thinking he'd stop and let me draw. The rest caught up to him, examined the dekes and then tried to figure out the blind. The jig was up. Dangit. Until next time. Should I have drawn my bow as that first one was walking through my shooting lane? I was kinda worried that it'd catch me, but I was in the blind..

erikwells

Farmer had been spotting them in years past but we have not seen or heard any in our 6 trips (morning and evening).  Pulled the blind will have to target a new area.

monstermoose78

Bummer Erik 

monstermoose78

We got a tom circling us but he has not come close enough yet. He is not making a noise but a weird cluck

monstermoose78

A hen came in walked to the blind and went to drag the tom with her.