Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

monstermoose78

Who is jacked up for Turkey Season

19 posts in this topic

I am!!

1 person likes this

That makes two of us!!! Can't wait!!

1 person likes this

Chomping at the bit...

1 person likes this

B season here cant get here fast enough.. Got a new shoot and scoot to try this year see if I can tumble a big old Tom with a new technique :)

2 people like this

Just got new sights, arrows, stabilizer, string, release and broadheads  and fresh tune

I am ready to go

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1 person likes this

Yes sir,corn is still standing on my good property by rush lake

1 person likes this

Standing corps will keep them around

I keep driving around looking at turkeys

Hopefully there is some standing corn left on our land in Monticello it was pretty much wiped out last time I was up there though.

I took Finn for a drive as he hurt his leg. We seen so many turkeys. We saw snow geese, Canada geese, swans, mallards, crows, deer, pheasants, and cranes

Next weekend i am going to check out a few places and call? Who else is going to do that?

Got tags for my 10,12 and 14 year old this year. Found a nice spot and need to get out and scout.  Any suggestions for scouting as I have never scouted turkeys?  Should I be out there looking for poop on the ground to find their night roosting spot?  Do they roost in several spots or typically one? Should I scout in the am or eve?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm as my kids would say "a newb". I love the permits cost me $8.50 for all three boys.  I'm not hunting, rather just trying to be their guide.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 person likes this

I like to park and listen for them gobbling on the roost just before first light. Then come back mid day to locate the roost. I normally end up hunting them in the fields where I watch them spend most of their time. Most of my scouting is done at long range using my ears and binoculars

I'll be hunting a new area up north where we Deer hunt. It's all deep woods with no crop fields at all but we have seen a bunch of them up there in the last few years. Seems like they call or gobble less, not sure if that is because there is lots of things to eat them up there? Could be a little harder hunt then where we hunted down by Houston, MN for years.

Edited by leech~~
1 person likes this

Erik if you are hunting sherburne county area I gave a couple spots I could show you.

12 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Erik if you are hunting sherburne county area I gave a couple spots I could show you.

woa woa giving him all the spots not fair :crazy:

I can share some

Hey monstermoose Im in princeton or by Longsiding.  I think I have a decent spot as the farmer says he sees them out there a lot.  Never found a better scout than a farmer.  Just havent hunted turkey much.  I appreciate the generous offer and the advice. Looking forward to watching my boys get the turkey fever.  Last year I would have hit you up for those spots as we did some sitting in blind to watch the sun come up. Thanks all for the advice and helping a new turkey hunter out.

1 person likes this

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, monstermoose78 said:

I can share some

Send me a pm for some ideas in the area. I plan on hunting Dayton and Monticello mainly but if those don't work out I need some backup plans. ;) 

Zach that is a different zone.