Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
monstermoose78

Who is jacked up for Turkey Season

monstermoose78

I am!!

• Like 1

OutdoorLife4Life

That makes two of us!!! Can't wait!!

• Like 1

1eyeReD

Chomping at the bit...

• Like 1

IceHawk

B season here cant get here fast enough.. Got a new shoot and scoot to try this year see if I can tumble a big old Tom with a new technique :)

• Like 2

ZachD

Just got new sights, arrows, stabilizer, string, release and broadheads  and fresh tune

I am ready to go

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

Archerysniper

Yes sir,corn is still standing on my good property by rush lake

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Standing corps will keep them around

monstermoose78

I keep driving around looking at turkeys

ZachD

Hopefully there is some standing corn left on our land in Monticello it was pretty much wiped out last time I was up there though.

monstermoose78

I took Finn for a drive as he hurt his leg. We seen so many turkeys. We saw snow geese, Canada geese, swans, mallards, crows, deer, pheasants, and cranes

Next weekend i am going to check out a few places and call? Who else is going to do that?

erikwells

Got tags for my 10,12 and 14 year old this year. Found a nice spot and need to get out and scout.  Any suggestions for scouting as I have never scouted turkeys?  Should I be out there looking for poop on the ground to find their night roosting spot?  Do they roost in several spots or typically one? Should I scout in the am or eve?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm as my kids would say "a newb". I love the permits cost me $8.50 for all three boys.  I'm not hunting, rather just trying to be their guide.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Like 1

Archerysniper

I like to park and listen for them gobbling on the roost just before first light. Then come back mid day to locate the roost. I normally end up hunting them in the fields where I watch them spend most of their time. Most of my scouting is done at long range using my ears and binoculars

leech~~

I'll be hunting a new area up north where we Deer hunt. It's all deep woods with no crop fields at all but we have seen a bunch of them up there in the last few years. Seems like they call or gobble less, not sure if that is because there is lots of things to eat them up there? Could be a little harder hunt then where we hunted down by Houston, MN for years.

Edited by leech~~
  • Like 1

monstermoose78

Erik if you are hunting sherburne county area I gave a couple spots I could show you.

ZachD
12 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Erik if you are hunting sherburne county area I gave a couple spots I could show you.

woa woa giving him all the spots not fair :crazy:

monstermoose78

I can share some

erikwells

Hey monstermoose Im in princeton or by Longsiding.  I think I have a decent spot as the farmer says he sees them out there a lot.  Never found a better scout than a farmer.  Just havent hunted turkey much.  I appreciate the generous offer and the advice. Looking forward to watching my boys get the turkey fever.  Last year I would have hit you up for those spots as we did some sitting in blind to watch the sun come up. Thanks all for the advice and helping a new turkey hunter out.

• Like 1

ZachD
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, monstermoose78 said:

I can share some

Send me a pm for some ideas in the area. I plan on hunting Dayton and Monticello mainly but if those don't work out I need some backup plans. ;) 

monstermoose78

Zach that is a different zone.

monstermoose78

The nephew and I are going to see if we can locate some turkeysveith the call today.

monstermoose78

After a later day at work I stopped on my way home bingo turkeys gobbling to my call @river rat316 ;) 

Archerysniper
16 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

After a later day at work I stopped on my way home bingo turkeys gobbling to my call @river rat316 ;) 

Silly goose,never use a turkey call unless you are hunting. Great way to make call shy birds. 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

It is ok they were public land birds ;) 

ZachD
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:35 AM, monstermoose78 said:

Zach that is a different zone.

I thought Archery is not restricted correct me if I am wrong

Licenses for the Spring Turkey Hunts are awarded in a computerized preference drawing for the A-B time periods. C-F time period licenses can be purchased over the counter in mid-March. Turkey hunters, other than licensed archery hunters and youth are restricted to the WILD TURKEY PERMIT AREA and TIME PERIOD selected at time of purchase

monstermoose78

I could have been wrong but normally you had to pick a zone