• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yup,,, Coho,,,  and steelhead from time to time ,,, Planning to hit the big lake with BD110 this morning ,,,Wet a few lines and work the kinks out of the new boat 

• Thumbs Up 2

Good luck

Same thing this morning one boat just outside the canal trolling and 11 guys fishing on the pier.

1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

Yup,,, Coho,,,  and steelhead from time to time ,,, Planning to hit the big lake with BD110 this morning ,,,Wet a few lines and work the kinks out of the new boat 

Let us know how the new boat fishes LoonASea!

IT FLOATS!!! ,,, Got out on the water around 10ish ,,,Fished the mud line for a while with no bites ,,, Found some cleaner water and picked up 3 cohos in 70 fow on a #8 xrap ,,,, Lots of fish on the sonar but few takers ,,,must be soo much bait in the area they aren't hungry 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

IT FLOATS!!! ,,,

Not as far as the pictures show!!!!! :angry:  :P

Hard to take pics of the boat when your busy driving it ,,,,Unless you want pics of it docked??

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:14 AM, LoonASea said:

Thanks Randy,

It was great to get out on your new boat a be part of catching a few fish under it's new ownership!

Seems to be a very nice riding rig and easy to fish out of.  Thanks again for letting me tag along.

As always,

Take care

Tom (BD110)

• Thumbs Up 2

Got the boat this am  with Jim Almquist .and went out of loonsfoot..went 4 for 6. 4 being 3 cohos. It was a slow bite and had to go in and out of the tea water to get anything. Sure could of used some sun to get things moving .Lot of bait fish in the 39 foot range..Nice day to be out there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Drove by Rices on the way back from Loonsfoot,,,, The dock is in !!!!,,, Another nice flat day on the water ,,, It got a little foggy for a while but cleared up,,,Ended up with 3 coho and 2 lakers out in 70 fow 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Well this morning in canal park it was ZOO! At least 50+ boats out scattered and 30-40 angles on the pier.

IMG_1505.JPG.d9b2ba8aabff59ec8c6bd1da1f65c366.JPG

;) :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
37 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Man, that wasn't meant to be a thread killer! :/

Whats the "new" news?

Oh just forget it now. Thanks a lot!  :angry:    :lol:

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, LoonASea said:

IT FLOATS!!! ,,, Got out on the water around 10ish ,,,Fished the mud line for a while with no bites ,,, Found some cleaner water and picked up 3 cohos in 70 fow on a #8 xrap ,,,, Lots of fish on the sonar but few takers ,,,must be soo much bait in the area they aren't hungry 

Great way to start the season with a new boat.  Congratulations!  BC

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Big Country said:

Great way to start the season with a new boat.  Congratulations!  BC

Yes Sir!  I'm hoping to get a run or two in that baby myself this year. :cool:

anyone been out on Fish or Island lake yet? I'm curious if the docks are in yet. MN Power's website says Island is down 3 ft which is about a foot or two higher than normal for this time of year. I'm hopeful the water temps in the back bays are starting to warm up.

For anyone that's interested, the docks were not in on the east side of Island as of Saturday. It was nice to see the lake a little higher than it normally is this time of year but the water was still way too cold for much crappie action - at least where I was fishing. Lots of logs and debris floating around in the middle of the lake so pay attention out there!

I hope it warms up this week so I can get the boat out again.  Mice or squirrels or chipmunks chewed a beautiful hole into my live well hoses so I had a good leak going on but it's fixed now. 

Now I'm just waiting for some warmer weather

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Tomorrows weather is looking nice, after that not so much.  The big boat is still in winter storage and BC's boat is getting a new transom.  So it might be put the dock in and work on the transom kinda weekend.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Transom is out and the dock is in.   Did anyone get out on the big pond Saturday

I was on call. On the bright side I got lots of yard work done that I was putting off. I did get to mess around with fishing gear on Sunday if that's any consolation :D