Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
monstermoose78

Moose's reports

monstermoose78    1,353
monstermoose78

It's not over yet!! 

• Like 2

monstermoose78    1,353
monstermoose78

I hit the ice yesterday and had a blast with gills and tiny crappies. The gills were mostly from 7 to 8 inches but the crappies were 3 to 4 inches. I did get some keeper sized crappies. 

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

• Like 4

Rick G    1,307
Rick G

Did you see Tom S out there? Rumor has it he was on that very same lake.

• Like 3

Tom Sawyer    570
Tom Sawyer
On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 0:17 PM, Rick G said:

Did you see Tom S out there? Rumor has it he was on that very same lake.

We didn't fish the "community shoreline" and if moose walked out; he wouldn't have even caught a glimpse of us. Sure found some dandies relating to current, and also in areas surprisingly deep for this time of year, especially for that lake. Rumor has it anyway, I rarely fish the lake. Lol. Kept a few for a meal, but noticed also, the nicer crappies have been seriously whittled down.

• Like 2

monstermoose78    1,353
monstermoose78

I was one of the people west of everyone. There was a wheeler beyond me west and north

• Like 2

B17    0
B17

I think I know this lake. If it's the one I'm thinking of we do really well trolling between the rock piles. Haven't fished it in the winter though. 

Wanderer    314
Wanderer

I know the one. ;)  I woulda bet heavy on it when Moose first mentioned the area but with the pics I'm "All in".  Sometimes it can be hard to find a parking spot at the access when it's walkable ice.

monstermoose78    1,353
monstermoose78

Would be fun for another get together on the lake eh

• Like 2

Wanderer    314
Wanderer

Could be!

• Like 1

monstermoose78    1,353
monstermoose78
1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Could be!

Only if you bring your fishing gear this time.

• Like 3

Wanderer    314
Wanderer
48 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

Only if you bring your fishing gear this time.

Honestly, someone coulda spared a rod for 10 minutes. :grin::grin:

If Cret Jigs can fish without a flasher, I can too!

Funny thing is, I've had gear with me every day this winter since that day.

• Like 3

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54

That was a dandy rick !  weather was silly nice and fishing was fun. Nice crappies, nice gills:) 

320a.jpg

320b.jpg

320c.jpg

• Like 4

Tom Sawyer    570
Tom Sawyer
On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Tom Sawyer said:

Kept a few for a meal, but noticed also, the nicer crappies have been seriously whittled down.

Way to go Ricky finding one. Lol!

• Like 1

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54

I gotta go back and sit different and sunburn my other ear... bwaa haaa haaaaaa

• Like 2

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54
3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Would be fun for another get together on the lake eh

great idea for next winter. I'm in. 

• Like 2

IceHawk    454
IceHawk

Nice job guys way to get into some nice fish. Have to vouch for you on the craps fished that lake quite a bit over the years and there are definitely nice pies in there plus some real nice gills. Even though I was miles away from you guys today the fishing was just as good on the NW side of the state. And by the pics I sent you guys I think you know what I mean :grin:

• Like 4

Rick G    1,307
Rick G
9 hours ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Way to go Ricky finding one. Lol!

Lol.... found more than a couple..lol

• Like 1

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54

@Rick G    where is the pic of the beast ?  

• Like 1

Tom Sawyer    570
Tom Sawyer

11 hours ago, Rick G said:

20170320_211449.jpgThanks for tip......might have to alter our plans for Wednesday. Probably need to bring another grill and extra brats.

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54

thats not the beast I am talking about. 

Rick G    1,307
Rick G

Hard fought battle on 2lb line. Fun getting it's head up the 6in hole

20170320_135010.jpg

• Like 3

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54

Pretty cool when that beast popped up the hole. 

• Like 1