Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monstermoose78

? For you all

9 posts in this topic

My dad and his buddy are making lures but they asked me what I would use to catch panfish. They mold their own plastic tails, so I told them I use plastics 95% of the time. They want me to come up with some ideas for them to try and make. I have two drawn out but I thought I would ask what you all think would be the perfect plastic for crappies and gills? These would be made from a saltwater grade soft plastic. 

2 people like this

Just cause I am bored

bored.png

4 people like this

Thanks @ZachD some are similar to what I can up

with

I have also had my best luck with plastics if they had long flexible tails.

Silver, pink, yellow, and orange or combos of these colors are my favorite colors.

Cliff

2 people like this

I am probably not the best to offer input because I almost never use plastics, but how about something with more arms similar to a Watsit?

1 person likes this

That is a good idea thank 

Moose...even though I love plastics I use more plastics in the summer for crappies than I do the winter so "duel purpose" should be considered...paddle tails work great for both winter and summer or put a little round ball at end of that pink one (4th one down)....and soft soft soft plastic is the key....they work better IMO plus from a sellers standpoint they wear out quicker thus making more repeat sales. Good luck and let us know where to find them...I'll buy some!

1 person likes this

Add a small ball at the end of the tail to add some water resistance.   Really adds additional action.

1 person likes this

Great stuff guys

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cliff Wagenbach
      Only 39 degrees in the Pike River mouth yesterday! That is usually warmer then the main lake. Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Del, We only got about 1/2 inch of snow but more snow and rain is predicted for Sunday and maybe Monday. Only 22 degrees for a high here yesterday! 39 degrees now and supposed to get to 50 degrees today. Crazy spring! Probably still frost in the ground in most areas. Cliff
    • Tripp_315
      Hello Everyone, May is just a few days away and I'd love to see how the water is warming this Spring through Summer... Can we start a thread with daily water temps? Date: East side or West side: Location: Temp:   I'll be there June 10th! Thanks, ~Tripp in ATL
    • delcecchi
      Not a fishing report, but a question....   Is the frost out of the ground yet?   Bringing some stuff up to the cabin and wondering about water lines and stuff freezing and all that.   I see the forecast is for the 50's next week..     How much snow did you all get? 
    • delcecchi
        I keep and eat fish also.  I was just reacting with a snide remark to a tone of "I want some fish to eat, got any spots" that perhaps was unintended .   If so, I apologize.    Many of the streams in SE Minnesota are populated primarily with native brown trout, and the DNR information is reasonably reliable.  There was a major kill in summer 2015 on the very popular south branch Whitewater river and I don't know how the recovery is coming along.    Cause still unknown.      Some recent info....(not about kill)   http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/outdoors/giving-nature-and-anglers-a-hand/article_dfe73b76-5cd9-520c-834f-7d4101a40b2e.html   http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/outdoors/john-weiss-trout-cooperate-for-a-fantastic-opener/article_2b106b9b-595f-5bee-8c3b-ceb761179da1.html   The DNR stocking activity is accessible from Lakefinder.   Here is the info for rainbow trout for 2016, the latest year available.  It will give you an idea of the activities.     http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showstocking.html?year=2016&county=&species=RBT