Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

srj

Snomo Trail

7 posts in this topic

Anybody know how far east of Adrians road the trail to the angle is?

last week there road went 25 miles 

dont know how far off the snowmoble the road is

The snowmobile trail is just to the east of Adrian's road.  Distance is hard to guess out there maybe a 3/4 mile?  If you are heading over Fourmile on Adrian's road, just before Pine Island to the east is a set of flags that follow along Pine.  That is Sportsman's bomber trail.  Take that right just before Pine and follow the markers along and then over Pine and then all the way up.  The bomber trail is right next to the snowmobile trail.  If you leave from wheelers point public access you can pick up the trail right there on the river and avoid Adrian's access fee.

Good Luck. 

RR

Was just on it this weekend about a half mile east of Adriana road is the trail fishing up north was smokin

Trail is rough unless it was.groomed I would pay the access fee drive to end of road unload and go from their

Thanks for the replies. I plan on driving out on Adrains, then hopping on the sled. My back tells me to shorten the sled ride as much as possible. Won't be going all the way to the angle.

Adrians road is out 25 miles? Must be a typo. If not, that is a lot of plowing.

Check the LOW Drifters FB page, it looked like it got groomed.

Well, I drove out 14.4 miles past Pine Island on Adrians road, then hopped on my sled. Looked like the road went another 3 or 3 miles. Crazy how big of road heads across the lake. It was pretty nice heading out but bump/pothole city heading in. Looked like an Ice Castle convention near the end of road. I basically headed east to get to the Knight reefs area, about 3 or 4 miles. The snomo trail was another half mile east. It must have been groomed recently as there were a few sleds heading north hauling tail.

It must be Ballards that has a bunch of houses spread out in the Knights area. Well spread out and it appears they are all in the mud tween humps. Lots of Bombardiers running around.

Good sauger bite in the mud off the reefs. A few eyes near the bottom of the humps but all overs.

Nest time I take the trail.

Good luck and enjoy the early spring.

1 person likes this