• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cass Lake

Went out a little deeper this afternoon for a couple of hours, 34' with a sticky bottom and found some dandy perch. Ended up keeping a dozen. Some of them had crayfish larva in their mouths. They are gorging themselves, pigs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Jim, Can i guy catch any walleyes in cass lake, by the  hwy 2 access a cross from stoney point resort. I fish the lake a lot in open water. but would like to try it on the ice this month. Can you drive out there thanks Jim

Yes a lot of people have been driving out there, especially as of late. I've only caught 2 eyes out there between Stony and the access this winter. The best walleye action I had this year out there is between Stony and Star Island. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, been offline for a while. Yes you can STILL drive out there if you're brave. I've seen people do it last night and they are probably still driving out there today. I'm going to go check in a bit, fishing has been pretty stellar as of late. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Raining hard up there too JI'm?  Been raining here all day with a couple thunderstorms rolling through to boot.  Hope to still find some good ice up north before it's over.

It was a sprinkle here and there this morning until about 1:00,  then it turned to a steady light shower for the last couple of hours. It'll clean the lake up before it drains through. But still, too dang early for this.