• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch Photos

eyeguy 54

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
12 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

@leech~~     :P

117 perch.jpg

Yep that's a nice big Perch. Knew you would find a spot for that to go! :lol:

Edited by leech~~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still some nice fish biting up on cass. fished in about 15 FOW. yellow eyed black and silver fatboy with a black wishbone worked dandy today. was a slow afternoon but when they came thru it was a blast. 

35a.jpg

35b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 11:30 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

222b.jpg

Wonder why disease ran so rapid in Cass Lk, within such a short time frame. Really sad to see. Classic example of VHS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really?  VHS?

I have seen similar infections, on rockbass in particular, since i was a kid.  On almost all bodies of water from BWCAW to the Mississippi.

I will have to look more into it but i dont believe that is VHS.

5 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Really?  VHS?

I have seen similar infections, on rockbass in particular, since i was a kid.  On almost all bodies of water from BWCAW to the Mississippi.

I will have to look more into it but i dont believe that is VHS.

Sure looks like it to me, along with with some sort of fungus. This disease is far from common; thank God for that. I fish several river systems both in the St. Cloud area, Brainerd, and also the Le Homme Dieu chain in Alexandria, which are similar to the Cass chain and have never encountered it on any rock bass. As a panfish angler, rock bass get caught frequently, so I think I would have seen it by now. Not saying it isn't present, just not common at all.

Very sad to see.....whatever it may be.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Nice!

Oddly I never seem to catch any nice Perch during open water.  Only Ice season?  ?

Edited by leech~~
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Fun day and an unexpected find?  

Buddy sent me a pic of them getting cooked already...lol, he didn't waste much time?

received_619105441991042.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 2

• 1 month later...

Had a good friend send me a report of some very nice perch being caught over on Big Stone. So, without really a game plan, four of us set out in search of some tasty perchies.

We hit the road at roughly 530am, headed SW... snow, and somewhat ice covered roads made for a little slower ride over to Ortonville? 

We spent a good part of the morning set up in an area a couple of us had fished a few years ago. We had lots of activity,  pods of fish were coming through about every 10-15min... they weren't really biting very well though, and almost all were smaller. By noon I had 3 nice keepers and one over 12inches that I threw back.... my companions had pretty similar results. We opted to make a move versus grinding this spot out. This maybe turned out to be a bad choice...lol.

After spending roughly 3hours prospecting a few different areas, giving each spot about 20min, we ended up back in the first spot we tried? 

We sorted through tons of 5-8 inch perch, picking up a jumbo for about every 15-20 smalls. Threw the whole dang tackle box at them... tried minnows, minnow parts, waxies and larve... and just about every plastic bait ever made to try and focus more on the larger fish.  Cant really say any one bait worked better than another. It was just one of those days...lol. 

For my efforts, I brought home 12 good ones beteen 10-11.5. As a group we got about 35-40 keepers and threw back half a dozen biger ones. 

20200210_100740.jpg

20200209_131651.jpg

20200209_180032.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Way to Grind Bud Looks Like the K-drill Army hit the ice full steam ? Some great table fare there!

• 1 month later...

darn, how big is that thing?  I saw a 16 inch perch once working for the DNR but for some reason that thing looks like its 20 inches long.

ya its 16 inches a friend caught it recently so ist not mine but I thought I would show you guys 

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like Cascade lake they grow some monsters in there. Some guys I know just got back from there had a couple 16 inchers themselves. Lake Gogebic has some jammers in it also. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Monster city!  Really a pretty fish. 

Here some of those Cascade Perch easily exceed 2lbs plus cant even imagine ?

Edited by IceHawk

45 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Here some of those Cascade Perch easily exceed 2lbs plus cant even imagine ?

Here's a pic from a good friend of mine who visited the land of tiger fish recently. 

FB_IMG_1584045355545.jpg.36de673e08983813f67ce77058ce213d.jpg

Yes, they are a totally different animal from what we chase locally. Bucket list destination ☺

• l Love It 1