• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gps/flasher info

jay83196

Question

Looking to get a new icefishing unit, something with a GPS (something that takes a chip) and flasher unit combined  any recommendations appreciated . Are the flashers on hummingbird or Marcom units real-time accurate like a vexlilar or is there a lag?

Thanks 

Jay

2 answers to this question

I have a Bird 696 or something and have noticed the flasher ice mode has a slight delay.  I cannot remember if the regular sonar has the delay or not.  I mostly use my Vex but I like the Bird for summer and for the Lakemaster chip.

I use a Lowrance elite 3x it doesn't have GPS of a flasher screen but I can comment that I just use the sonar screen and it works great with very little lag if any.  Also I can pick up my 5mm tungsten jig in 18' of water with no problems, and when I just twitch the rod tip the line on the graph twitches also.  Nice sensitive unit, but a little small so I'm going to be switching to my hook 7 with the Lowrance lake insight chip.