Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Benjy

Road to Shermans Flat?

6 posts in this topic

I fished the Sherman's Flat area this weekend.  Used the Rocky Reef Road to get there.  Impressed with the road, but its a bit of a drive coming from the SW corner of the lake.  Anyone know of any roads more on the west side that would get me to Sherman's faster?  Mainly need to get over any cracks/breaks - driving cross country right now is easy.  

I use to love fishing out on Sherman's and I will have to say holy craap that is a long ride over from Rockys.

There are roads out of Garison.  I think Terry runs one.  Not exactly sure how he works it but I think it's like $10 a person or something... 

There is also a road out of Garrison sports on that end. $8.00

Hopefully people think this is on topic...

Anyone know of a road with clear access to spirit island? Not sure if there are any heaves in the area.

KJ's has a bridge over a heave near shore. Once you get over that its clear sailing to Spirit Island and beyond. Also Rocky Reef has a road goes out that way but have to do some cross country to get to spirit.