• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Polar Bird Ice House

ZachD

Has anyone tried out the polar bird hub houses? The floor looks like a neat concept I wonder how well it works.

Looking for a small 2 man hub so I don't have to drag my huge heavy 6 man thermal hub when I go alone.

polar.png

• Thumbs Up 1

They have small windows up by the vents.

And with the light color fabric it is suppose to let good light in too

I wonder if with the floor if you had a lot of snow you would have to shovel a square out for the floor

2-560x500.jpg

1-560x500.jpg

I have the T3 and I love it (Windows are a small issue but I don't tip up fish much). Floor is great because it keeps you dry and warm (No slush on the floor a all). Best house I have ever owned!

Edited by cheeks

I just ordered and received the T2 house. Haven't had a chance yet to use it on the lake, but set it up in the yard. This thing is built like the proverbial Brick Schmidt house. Very heavy duty and harder to set up than other hub houses I've owned because of the heavy duty poles. There are two small windows which is adequate for me, but it would be difficult to watch flags. Don't believe I will need to buy any more houses. The cream color looks a bit hinky, but there is plenty of light available. Even better constructed than the Canvas Craft house I once owned. 

7 hours ago, hayseed said:

I just ordered and received the T2 house. Haven't had a chance yet to use it on the lake, but set it up in the yard. This thing is built like the proverbial Brick Schmidt house. Very heavy duty and harder to set up than other hub houses I've owned because of the heavy duty poles. There are two small windows which is adequate for me, but it would be difficult to watch flags. Don't believe I will need to buy any more houses. The cream color looks a bit hinky, but there is plenty of light available. Even better constructed than the Canvas Craft house I once owned. 

That's what I have been reading after more research I will probably replace my thermal with one when the time comes but for now I am looking for a smaller lighter house I can use when by myself. Better than canvas craft is saying something!

• Thumbs Up 1