• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Night bite

I will be on the hunt for a night bite/late evening bite that I can use during the week after work. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a night bite on Cass for eyes, or should I go look for a crappie basin bite? Pout will be a target a little later in the season! 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

In the summer and fall the night bite is excellent on Cass for eyes.  I'm not much help come winter time though.  With the clearer water due to zebra mussels, I would bet the night bite would be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fished last night out in front of the access/wayside rest. Set up in 15' of water next to deeper water and caught a few perch that went 10" and one delicious rock bass lol. Thinking about setting up deeper next time. 

hey Jim, i'm in the same boat, trying to find a night bite around brainerd to help break up the work week. I did try gull this past week from 730-1045 or so, fished 9-13' never caught anything. I wonder if a guy should try deeper

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm definitely going for deeper water next time, which might be tonight. I'm not much of a walleye guy though but I'm slowly learning. If I were chasing crappies I'd set up in at least the mid 20's.  I love the hunt!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just went and checked out the lake, it is a slushy mess but I can get anywhere out there on the south west side, and all I have is front wheel drive minivan lol So I'm going to do a little recon on a lake map and pick my spot for the evening bite. Any suggestions on depth for walleyes? 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

careful driving out there ! !  

Yeah I wouldn't go anywhere there wasn't recent tracks. Fished the bottom of a drop in 32' of water and caught a few dink perch and that was it.  Might go set up in a perchy looking spot tomorrow. 

Haven't heard anything about Andrusia, haven't really seen anybody out there lately.