• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone have any fishing reports from the lakes around the Saint Francis area. George, Long, Skogman, Blue, Green Etc.

Tks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Blue is slow best bites around Skogman, Lori, Green, and rush 

I spent the day on osakis and caught one gill. My uncle caught nothing and river rat 316 out fished sad sad day

21 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

I spent the day on osakis and caught one gill. My uncle caught nothing and river rat 316 out fished sad sad day

What part where you fishing

Spent a few hours on Skogman yesterday. (3:00 to 6:30)  Most of the time the vexlar was so lit up that you couldn't see the lure. Bad news is that they were very small sunnies and crappies. Fished in the area of the cluster of ice houses in  24  ft water. No fish kept this time out. Good ice but getting a little sloppy.

Spent a few hours on Long Lake - off 47- There is a reason no one is out there . Good news was that the wet sloppy layer on top of ice has become solid. But it is very slippery. Could have used a little more snow.

It got it hard for two or three years

Last year I had pretty good luck on crappies on Long the the couple days I went. The problem With that lake is that it is stupid easy to fish.  So when it got pounded it really takes a hit. I am surprised that it made that much of a difference last year end of season it wasn't too bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spent a few hours on Lake George last night. Caught some crappies, but they have " not" grown much from last year also caught some sunnies ( 3 inchers).

Lots of ice, access is is a little rough, there is  little snow on the ice and pertty darn slippery- best to have cleats. 

May try Linwood or Martin this afternoon.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well Martin was not the hot spot. There were plenty of people fishing- kind of gives you the idea that the fish may be biting.

Talked to several, and they were doing the same as myself. "Poorly".

Blue or Green this afternoon- what color do I choose? 

green the crappies are biting

• Thumbs Up 1

Green it is-thanks for helping me make a decision. It's not all about catching fish- it's about getting out there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not so good for me. Way tooooo much activity! Fished from 3:30 to 7:30. One nice crappie and one small- it was there lucky day. Had a lot of lookers, but don't know what they were. Was fishing around the point in 25 ft water. Tried several bait combinations. May head back this afternoon. Shouldn't be as many people and this snow cover might help.

By the way my son was on Baxter yesterday - Small sunnies and perch.

• Thumbs Up 2

I sent her away from the point to where I normally fish all by myself 

• Thumbs Up 3

I like the west side of the lake 

• Thumbs Up 1

Tried it again yesterday - I went toward the south side - 20 ft water. No (people) activity to speak of and not much for fish either.

No sorting required, left 3 small crappies go back home. I did shut down a little earlier than planed- that band of snow got me to thinking of how the road home would be. Glad I left early. around 6:00, 47  was covered and slippery. On the way to south side I stopped by the point and talked to a couple of young guys that had been there since 6:00 in the morning. They had 10 nice crappies and a couple of good size northern. Crappies were caught early.

• Thumbs Up 2

Went to Linwood yesterday /night. Got my 10 crappies and a few sunnies. Too bad they were all 6 inches or smaller.

Fished straight out from the access in the 20 foot hole. All by myself. There were more fishing in the deep hole, don't know how they were doing. The access had some nasty holes in the ice, between two layers of ice. Should be okay after this cold weather.

• Thumbs Up 1

Skipped a night (Thursday) but was back at it yesterday. Tried a local lake - Twin lake by Nowthen. Not too much to report again. Early action was small perch and small sunnies. Did get a couple of 9 " crappies after dark on a glow deman and small minnow. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fished George last night. Kept 6 eaters, nothing big but at least some action. Again it was hard to get them to bite, seemed like every time I changed the jig I would get a bite. Vexlar was red most of the time. Fished til 8:30 and the access had turned into a big swimming pool.when I left. 

Take Care & Good Luck

• Thumbs Up 1