• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice fishing reports

any reports good or bad? I haven't been able to get out due to the passing of my father, but I do have next weekend pinned to finally get out.

Was just south of Crosby on a small lake searching for eyes.

Missed one that smacked my rippin rap twice

Missed one on a bobber :mad:

Then my buddy missed one on rattle reel :sick:

Just wasn't our day

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
On 1/12/2017 at 9:47 PM, knoppers said:

any reports good or bad? I haven't been able to get out due to the passing of my father, but I do have next weekend pinned to finally get out.

Sorry for your loss Kevin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Dang I wish deer hunting was that easy! Free kill and don't have to drag it......Dropped feet from your bed! lol.

Edited by AlwaysFishing23
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always thought after shooting them from my deck, it couldn't get any easier; guess I was wrong. Lol! Backstraps never tasted sweeter.

Hope you bought a lottery ticket.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
On 2/25/2017 at 10:40 PM, Wanderer said:

The oddest thing was the start to the day when this button buck slammed into the deck railing and broke its neck while we were getting ready to go out.  We called in for the permit and enjoyed some fresh blackstrap with the fresh fish for dinner.

IMG_1383.thumb.JPG.b5df3b8ac1b0e2c6f87b67ddaaf8000f.JPG

So, this Deer runs through the forest all winter without breaking it's neck on anything. Then breaks it's neck by your deck that just happens to have a bird feeder and lots of really big rocks by it? Did the Warden buy it? :whistle::crazy:

Oh yeah nice fish haul. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

So, this Deer runs through the forest all winter without breaking it's neck on anything. Then breaks it's neck by your deck that just happens to have a bird feeder and lots of really big rocks by it? Did the Warden buy it? :whistle::crazy:

Oh yeah nice fish haul. :)

You just have to remove any and all the bird seed at least 10 minutes before the warden arrives and you're legal. ;)

Near as we could tell the little guy got spooked by something and when he barreled through the yard the clearest path seemed to be the lower deck due to our loaded sleds n cars n stuff.  The most daylight was coming through the railing.  Instead of jumping the railing he lowered his head to part the spindles like saplings but these didn't move! :cry:

If you look at the spindle above hind quarter you can see the mark where his face planted.  There was a tuft of hair stuck to it that matched what was missing by his eye.

I was out there when it happened.  I didn't see him do it but heard the crash and the bellar and thought someone fell.  I hustled up there calling to see if someone needed help and found the deer kicking and taking his last breaths.  The others in the house heard it too and came to the door.  We were all pretty stunned.  

Thats the best I can come up with.  I hope you can buy it! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

now that we making ice again, anyone planning any late ice? I will give taylor a try for trout next weekend.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
16 minutes ago, knoppers said:

now that we making ice again, anyone planning any late ice? I will give taylor a try for trout next weekend.

I'm heading up around Outing in the morning to give it a try. But Trout next weekend, um that sounds interesting. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Back at the crappie hole this weekend and the fishing is better than last time.  No problems limiting.  The good thing about catching and releasing the rest is we're getting fish 15-18 feet down so the "death by reeling up" isn't an issue.  Easy to say we iced 200 fish yesterday.

As crappies go, the preferred presentation varies through the day but minnows were not required.  I put the hammer on em with jigging spoons and plastics and small jigging raps.

The ice is good shape but you better wear cleats!

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 2

still need to watch were your going, someone went through on big sandy flowage Friday, and they did not make it out.

Sad news. :(

Pretty much all of the break throughs this year that I can remember have been at channels and reed beds or cattails.  We ALWAYS need to be careful in those areas.

The lake that we hit had great ice but there is no way I would every think of going on a flowage after as warm spell like we had with all of the snow melt.