Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
busse3775

Bait Shop

busse3775

Any one know of a bait shop around the Brainerd area that has shiners and is open by 5am-6am? I will be traveling from Breckenridge, MN to the West side of Mille Lacs early Saturday morning and hoping I can get shiners some place in the area.

Poseidon

Sorry for not answering your question directly, but may I suggest taking the extra 10 minute and driving to a bait shop on Mille Lacs.. those guys need all the revenue they can get.  

+1 for Lundeen's Tackle Castle.  Last few times I was there, I got a dozen shiners and a scoop of fat heads.. the shiners ranged from huge to small with everything in between, and the fatheads were a variety of sizes too.  Oh.. and they didn't count me out 12 shiners.. we easily got 18+... very liberal 'dozen'.  I'll keep going back just because of that.

busse3775

I am definitely open to going to a bait shop right on Mille Lacs too. I am not very familiar with the area so trying to figure out where all the bait shops are located and also ones that open up pretty early in the morning.

BringAnExtension

I always stop at Lundeen's.  However, it is on the south side in Onamia. 

smalliehunter

Malmo market.  Bait is guaranteed to catch fish or die trying!

ozzie

Tutt's is on the NW corner of Mille Lacs...not sure when they open but give them a call and as for Brainerd area google it up and make some calls might be your best bet.

Sculpin

Garrison Sports is another option, right on the highway, a block north from the Holiday, and a road to the mud.

• Like 1

Bass Thumb

The couple who own Lundeen's Tackle Castle are certainly not shy with the minnow scoop. That's where I go for my shiners and rainbows. 

• Like 2

STMA_I_HUNTER
On 1/12/2017 at 11:55 AM, BringAnExtension said:

I always stop at Lundeen's.  However, it is on the south side in Onamia. 

+1

Northeast corner of Hwy 169 and 27.

Great people/service

Neighbor_guy

My feelings are support those who support you. So, as a Darkhouse and tip-up guy, Garrison Sports and Lundeen's get my vote. 

• Like 2

fishingstar

our (good) bait shop closed about 3 years ago. Yes there are others but it is not the same. He had all the new stuff and all the old stuff, he had very good bait, but most of all he was a good guy. don't under estimate the importance of a good bait shop.

When it comes down to it support your bait shops they are hard to replace. 

• Like 2

fish_hunt_guy

What bait shop are u referring to fishingstar?

fishingstar

I was not referring to a bait shop in the mille lacs area. Just bait shops in general 

ZachD

Lundeens was out of shiners when I was there granted it was Sunday

fish_hunt_guy

That seems to be the case alot at Lundeens unfortunately

mjk

Lundeens is open on Mondays, correct?