Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Narwhal

Leaving a house on Mille lacs

8 posts in this topic

So do any of you wheelhouse owners leave your house on the lake for a week or 2 at a time. I am wanting to do 2 or 3 weekends in a row on the lake, and live a few hours away so don't really want to pull it back and forth every weekend. Also, I don't really want to buy an season package from a resort for several hundred dollars because I don't have the time to go more than 2-3 weekends. What are some options? any places you recommend? or don't do it?

There are lots of wheelhouses that stay out on the lake, and lots of places to pull out of. Call a number of locations, and you will find that most resorts will make accommodations for you. Lyback's, Hunter Winfield's, Chapman's, McQuoid's, Appledorn's,
Agate Bay, Red Door, Barnacles, Hunters Point. Garrison Sports, MyrMar, Twin Pines, You should be able to find a deal that will work for you. Sometimes all that is necessary is a daily road pass.

Good Luck 

1 person likes this

I am in the same boat.  About 5 years ago I started just leaving my house at the landing of the resort.  I empty it out, just in case, but never had any issues.

IMG_5163[1].PNG

1 person likes this

Thanks for the replies guys, I leave it on the lake pretty often on lakes near me, but being a ways away I am a little nervous. I will call around!

Nordern, what do they charge you for that, out of curiosity?

PM sent

On 1/13/2017 at 7:38 AM, Narwhal said:

Thanks for the replies guys, I leave it on the lake pretty often on lakes near me, but being a ways away I am a little nervous. I will call around!

Nordern, what do they charge you for that, out of curiosity?

I would feel more safe at millelacs than local lakes...

I mean just because its close you are still not there not going to change something happening if you are at home and its 2 miles away or 500 miles away

Plus there are so many houses on the big pond chances of someone picking yours to do something are smaller than if it was on a different lake with not as many houses

ZachD, good point. However, the reasons I was worried is when it is on a local lake I tend to be there more, like weekends and several nights during the week....... does that mean no one will mess with it when I'm gone, heck no! lots of bad apples out there! Also was worried about cracks/heaves, which are not really a worry on the small lakes I fish around home.

We've left a wheelhouse on the lake for almost 20 years, and we also have a skidhouse that we leave on the lake, and neither has had a single problem in all that time.   Knock on wood.