Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

UpNorth Bassing

Hello, 

I am wondering if anyone knows of any small lakes or ponds in the metro that I can ice fish I know yout want to give away any of your spots so PM me and I will trade some spots. I am looking to catch bass,crappie or possibly walleye

Tight Lines!

borg0196

PM sent!

monstermoose78

The clay hole in coon rapids, the pond by the big hockey rink in Blaine, cooper lake in est bethel, and so many more ponds with fish in em.

UpNorth Bassing
On 1/16/2017 at 7:25 AM, monstermoose78 said:

The clay hole in coon rapids, the pond by the big hockey rink in Blaine, cooper lake in est bethel, and so many more ponds with fish in em.

What other ones more near Minnetonka or Plymouth 

brrrr

What /where is the clay hole in CR , guess I never heard of it. ?

edited- I''ll be darned; the google told me.

Edited by brrrr

popriveter

Palmer lake is good for sunfish (and it's kind of a pond), but it's been getting hammered this winter. I'm worried about the pressure it's been getting. I wouldn't mention it here, but word is clearly out already.

There are a lot of great options to try around Eagan. That's where I do most of my pond fishing. 

I live in Brooklyn Park now and have had a tough time finding good fishing in ponds/little lakes up this way. Might have to give the clay hole a try

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jason Aherns
      By Jason Aherns
      Me and my family never have caught a walleye where can we go 2- 3 hours from Chisago city Mn? And pretty much guarantee abunce in walleyes and maybe have a few for dinner?  I have tried and tried caught some real awesome fish so far but no walleyes please help thank you
    • Chevy Nation
      By Chevy Nation
      Hey guys and gals!
      I was wondering what kind of fish is this? I was thinking they were redhorse suckers or something but I am not 100% sure! I have been catching them out of the Mississippi and don't know if they are invasive or what the heck they are because they smell god awful!
      Thanks!

By 12345
      Im staying at Arrowwood July 2-5 and looking to catch some 'eyes for a fish fry or 2. Never been to the area before so I dont have much to go by other than my overall knowledge of Walleye fishing elsewhere. Ill probably be fishing early mornings and dusk for obvious reasons, but also because my boat will be used for the majority of the days for entertaining the girlfriends family. Im open to fishing not only Darling, but Carlos and Le Homme Dieu as well. 

From what ive read and can see on Google Earth, the lakes are pretty clear, and from experience, usually means tough walleye fishing for this time of year. -I grew up fishing Woman Lake in the Longville/Hackensack area and that lake is as clear as they come. The only way we can snag some 'eyes in the summer is to fish the deep weed lines. Is that the approach I should be taking on these lakes? Does dragging rapalas across mid-lake flats produce? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gavin.
    • Chevy Nation
      By Chevy Nation
      I was wondering if and there is any good fishing in Hastings during the summertime lake Rebecca, lake Isabella, Vermilion River, or anywhere off the banks of the Mississippi? I haven't caught anything yet this year and I am itching to catch anything now. Just a fyi I just bank fish.

Thanks in advance!
    • paydayy25
      By paydayy25
      I am a student at the University of Minnesota. I was raised in Ottertail County which is full of amazing lakes for walleye. Along with walleye fishing, I was raised on catfishing the Red River in the Grand Forks area. This week my father is coming down to the metro area to visit me down here at school. He's bringing his boat down (17 ft Crestliner with 80HP tiller). I was hoping to get some tips and reports on some possible river spots for catfishing. I would love to get in the MN River to chase some big flatheads! Any other river fishing spots for smallmouth and/or walleye would be great to try out as well! 

Do do any of you know of any spots that are within 30 minutes of the metro area and any good landings to put the boat in at? Hopefully the river isn't too worked up from the storms today. 

Any tips or reports would be well appreciated! 

Thanks. 
    • flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Greetings fishermen and women! Its great being back in the swing of things and better yet in the boat! Both the MN and Ontario season is now open and fishing has been great! Staffers here at Flag Island Resort have been busy getting ready for the upcoming summer months with some deep cleaning, window washing, grounds work and remodeling!

On the Minnesota side anglers have been catching nice saugers, walleyes and perch. Soon the crappies should be finding their way into the shallows around Angle Inlet and other small creeks and the walleyes have spawned out over the past couple of weeks. With the warmer temps that started out last week anglers were finding fish in shallower water between 5-17 feet now, with the cooler temps, rain and winds most of the fish have been pushed deeper into the 16-26 foot range. Points and reefs close to large land masses adjacent to sand and rubble have been hot locations. Anglers have found fish near Soldier’s, Little Oak, Oak Island and NW Point. The water surface temp has been in that 50-55 degree range. Right now it seems like everything is working from ¼ to 3/8 jigs to slow trolling with raps in the shallows as well as trolling spinners keeping on the move at 0.9 mph.

Over in Ontario, the walleye, sauger, crappie, perch and pike have been hungry. Perch and crappie should be spawning soon. Crappies are being caught around the 20 foot mark . Sandy bays and points have been best for the walleye and crappie bite while the perch are still caught in the rocks. Many pike have been caught in areas with current. There have been reports of a lot of smallmouth mixed in with the walleyes.  Jigging with a ¼-3/8 ounce jig has been the ticket and the water temp has been around 49-52 degrees.

We hope to see you up here soon!
      Until next week, good luck fishing!
      Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers
      Flag Island Resort
      218-223-8011

• HugeHogChaser
      any luck there? i've never had luck. hoping to break my unlucky streak soon.
    • HugeHogChaser
      Good afternoon guys, I live in Burnsville and I was wondering if anyone has had much luck on Crystal Lake for bass and Pike? I've fished it a few times and only caught 2 bass in a total of 8 hours.  Not looking for any specific locations, but any tips would be much appreciated!!!   Live bait? Plastics? Troll cranks for pike? thanks guys, have a great day. Gabe   
    • smurfy
      i hope soo!!!!!! but being it MEA weekend 'm guessing it will be a zoo till sunday!!!!!!!
    • gunner55
      There were 5 maybe 6 boats over at the resort Thursday - Sunday. Heard they were doing some hunting too. Pretty quiet on the bay, most of the docks & lifts are out. Probably going to get real quiet after you show up.
    • jayway
      1) Lumen (lm) Lumen is the international(SI) unit of luminous flux, a measure of overall light emitted by a light source. 2) Candela (cd) Candela is the international(SI) unit of luminous intensity, a measure of light emitted by a light source in a particular direction.
      Any given light source will have different luminous intensities in different directions considered.
      [candela = lumen/solid angle] 3) Beam Angle [Unit : degree] Beam angle is the angle between two directions for which the luminous intensity is 50% of the maximum intensity as measured in a plan through the nominal beam center-line. The beam angle of a lamp gives an idea of how the light beam spread away form the beam center. 4) LUX (lx) Lux is the international(SI) unit of illuminance, a measure of light arriving at a surface, 1 lumen per square foot equals 1 foot-candle, while 1 lumen per square meter equals 1 lux.
      [lux = lumen/m2] 5) Color Temperature / Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) A black-Body radiator will have different color when it is heated up to different temperature(in kelvin). The temperature at which the heated black-body radiator matches the color of the light source is the color temperature of the light source. 6) Color Rendering Index (CR) Color rendering index, ranged from 0-100, measures a light source's ability to reproduce the color of various objects being lit by reference light source, black body radiator (CRI=100) 7) Efficacy (lm/W) Efficacy is the efficacy of a light source to convert electricity power to light expressed in lumen output per unit power input (watt)
      [Efficacy = lumen / wattage] 8) Dimming Not all lighting products are designed for dimming function. None-dimming LED lighting product will cause unpredictable result and may affect the life time of the products. The below figure shows the typical input current variation while adjusting the DC voltage input to dimming and none-dimming product.
    • Smoker
      I will check it out a little latter. It looks like a good idea. I do a small diamond wrap on a lot of my ice rods.
    • gimruis
      I'm gonna go but not before some of these crops get harvested.  It may not be until Thanksgiving but at least I'll increase my odds if I wait for a better chance of success.
    • monstermoose78
      I have not seen a bird during season yet but I will get one or two I hope
    • monstermoose78
      Looks like you got one woodcock and a snipe but I could be wrong but great job shooting.
    • walleye29us
      This is the insulated model. 8x8. If anyone wants it this week I'll let it go for 240.00. Won't  find a better deal!