Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am wondering if anyone knows of any small lakes or ponds in the metro that I can ice fish I know yout want to give away any of your spots so PM me and I will trade some spots. I am looking to catch bass,crappie or possibly walleye

Tight Lines!

PM sent!

The clay hole in coon rapids, the pond by the big hockey rink in Blaine, cooper lake in est bethel, and so many more ponds with fish in em.

On 1/16/2017 at 7:25 AM, monstermoose78 said:

The clay hole in coon rapids, the pond by the big hockey rink in Blaine, cooper lake in est bethel, and so many more ponds with fish in em.

What other ones more near Minnetonka or Plymouth 

What /where is the clay hole in CR , guess I never heard of it. ?

edited- I''ll be darned; the google told me.

Edited by brrrr

Palmer lake is good for sunfish (and it's kind of a pond), but it's been getting hammered this winter. I'm worried about the pressure it's been getting. I wouldn't mention it here, but word is clearly out already.

There are a lot of great options to try around Eagan. That's where I do most of my pond fishing. 

I live in Brooklyn Park now and have had a tough time finding good fishing in ponds/little lakes up this way. Might have to give the clay hole a try

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• White-tips
      By White-tips

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Went to a small lake up around Mille lacs lake and found 20-28 inches of ice. The access looked like some busted it up, so eyeguy and I walked out. We caught bluegills and crappies on plastics. It was windy and cold but we got a few nice ones. 

• flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort, Lake of the Woods NW Angle 2-20-17   Fishing on the MN side started out a little slower at the beginning of the warmer temps we have been having but we have seen a 360 turn around and fishing is back to where we like to see it for the NW Angle. We are seeing a lot of nice Walleye, Sauger, Perch, Tulibee and Pike being caught in 20-26 feet on the rocks and sand. The best areas we have seen all year are on rocks and shallow, the fish are feeding on the crayfish. The best colors ave been gold, red, silver and blue on spoons, rattler flyers, ripping raps and buckshots.   Over on the Canadian Side the Walleyes, saugers, Perch, Crappie and Pike continue to bite. The morning and afternoon bite has been best for the Walleye and Crappies. The Crappie bite has been best in 30 plus feet, look for deep holes with trees nearby and 26-28 feet on rock bars, reefs, shoals and humps for Walleyes. Tungsten jigs #6 or #8 have been best for Crappies with red or pink plastics and a wax worm, spring bobbers and electronics are recommended. Buckshots, flyers, flutter spoons, and rippin raps have been successful for Walleyes   With the warmer temps and rain we have recently experienced most of the snow has melted and we are left with water on top of the ice. For snowmobiles it is recommended to have scratchers to prevent overheating. We still have good ice with 24 plus inches and the roads are still good, the approaches are a little rough and sloppy but manageable. With the cold weather coming things should firm up quickly. Check with resorts and guides for up to date ice conditions.   Until next week, good luck fishing! Guides Ray King, Dan Schmidt, Professional Fishing Guide, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers.   Flag Island Resort 218-223-8011
    • Holy carp
      By Holy carp
      What do you all run for fishing line in the winter walleye fishing? I've been running fire line on a couple of reels usually 6-10lb line because I get sick of having fish snap my line. I've always had success with this line during early ice, but I am looking to go to a lighter line in hopes of catching more fish this time of year. Anyone have any suggestions? Not sure if switching line will help but I'm willing to try it, the last couple of weekends have been really really slow. 
      Adapt or accept mid winter blues?? 

• Holy carp
      By Holy carp
      Anyone been out on lake parley in st.boni, and found any walleyes? I've been sticking to o'dowd for the most part this year with little luck. Parley has been a good producer for me walleye wise, just curious if anyone has been out and found any eyes? 
    • flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort 1/30/17

The weather this past week up here in the angle has been pretty unstable with temps in the single digits and closer to the thirties and now snow flurries today. The fish have still been biting and anglers are still taking home limits every day.

On the Minnesota side, anglers are catching a good mix of fish including Walleye, Sauger, Perch, Pike and Smallmouth Bass. Eel Pout will be spawning within the next couple of weeks. The depths we have been fishing with success is 20-26 feet and in 13-14 feet from 4-6pm in current. The areas we are fishing are on rock reefs, rock points, rubble rock and sandbars. Rattling flyers, buck shots, spoons and plain hooks on dead sticks. Hot colors include red, pink, gold and silver. Most days jigging is out producing dead sticks.

Over on the Ontario side the Crappie bite is still good and holding. Jigging with a plastic on a Tungsten jig with a wax worm has been the most successful tactic. The Crappies are in the mud eating mostly mayfly larvae in 30 feet of water. The best locations are in deep mud holes near structure. The magic colors are still glow white and pink. The Walleye bite has also remained and we are finding them at the end of deep points and reefs between 25 and 32 feet of water using frozen shiners. Many anglers have been catching several smallmouth bass and we just wanted to make it known that these are illegal fish in the wintertime in Ontario. If one were to bite you must immediately release them. As always it is recommended to stay on staked trails with the ever changing ice conditions due to the high current in many areas. One last thing to note is that when crappie fishing the mortality rate is very high for catch and release, we recommend targeting another species once you have caught your limit.

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Ray King, Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers

Flag Island Resort
      218-223-8011

• Monkster
      By Monkster
      We're a little over a week away from the 6th annual LCRA Ice Fishing contest on Lake Gervais in Little Canada, MN! Lots of great prizes, over $10,000 in prizes and raffle. Grand prize for fishing is a Marcum flasher, a Clam X200 flip over thermal and an Eskimo auger! Come on out Saturday, February 4th, noon to 3pm. Line up early for a good spot, the tent will open by 9am with beverages (alcohol and non-alcohol), food and raffle tickets. The raffle is the LCRA's winter raffle. $5 tickets, grand prize is a trip to Vegas and $1,000 cash! You don't have to be present to win in the raffle, that will be drawn after the prizes for the fishing contest around 4pm that day.

The Little Canada Recreation Association is a non-profit group that raises money to offset registration fees for youth in the Little Canada, Roseville, Maplewood and Vadnais Heights areas. We also fund scout projects, playground equipment and many types of sports equipment for area teams.

For more information on the LCRA or to register for fishing, go to www.lcraonline.org

• Jrody14
      By Jrody14
      We were out fishing today on Lake washington near the narrows by Mudd bay  and my nephew was using his new vexilar we got. We came home and now its missing.. Im hoping somebody saw the vexilar and will be honest and reply back so this little guy isn't heart broken and can get it back!  Little guy is very sad
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      30" plus walleye 16" crappie 15" perch Cliff
    • monstermoose78
      Good call seeing Saturday is crow killing time
    • tcwin
      Not sure if some mentioned Sierra Trading Post. I buy my Costa's there and have always paid right around $50.00 for them.  Sign up for email and get a discount flyer, they always are having a sale and free shipping etc.    
    • maxpower117
      All eyes on the forks now. Weather looks perfect for a steady slow release. Minimal impact this year but I'd bet this weekend and next week will be the worts of it. 
    • schucanoe
      The MN DNR website shows the Big Fork just opening up upstream and the Little Fork open for about half of it's length upstream. Flows are high but have been higher in past years so may not be high enough to cause problems. I would think within 4 -5 days one will be able to tell how severe the spring rise in the Forks will be. If the upstream gages begin to drop soon it will be a good sign as it will indicate the big push from upstream is past.