Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
ANYFISH2

Crappie/Sunfish

Wanderer
1 hour ago, Rick G said:

20170315_135141.jpg

If you hold it out some and hide your fingers a little,

it'll look bigger...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

eyeguy 54

cmon guys, save some of those big crappies for next week ! !  LOL 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

What is your go to set up for crappies and gills? 

My go set up is a snitch with a Number 8 inline reel spooled with 3 pound test with a 1/64 oz pug bug jig with a maki mino the white with red flakes. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Rick
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, monstermoose78 said:

What is your go to set up for crappies and gills? 

My go set up is a snitch with a Number 8 inline reel spooled with 3 pound test with a 1/64 oz pug bug jig with a maki mino the white with red flakes. 

Good one ... any other specific brands :) 

other than the Maki and Pug bug of course :D 

eyeguy 54

I am still liking the #8 reels also.  Chekai and Majmun tungsten from Custom Jigs are taking over the jig box for plastics but lottsa other stuff in it also. Impulse mayflies are my go to for the plastics. Can use them whole or pinch them to different sizes. K & E Tackle Skandia Tungsten Moon Jigs are also a favorite for euros. Also like the Powerbait Ice Wishbone.  went to 95 % plastic last winter. Will probably try more plastics this winter. 

• Like 2

monstermoose78

I Rarely use live bait for gills or crappies. Plastic is great but there is a learning curve. If any one is interested in  tagging along this winter let me know. I fish with that @eyeguy 54 sometimes..

eyeguy 54

we gotta get together a few more times moose :) 

• Like 1

monstermoose78
5 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

we gotta get together a few more times moose :) 

i would like that. I have some lakes I need to explore. 

• Like 1

JeremyCampbell

This will be my kids first year ice fishing.Going to be a blast watching there little hands reeling in panfish.

• Like 3

monstermoose78

My other set up is a st croix silver ultra light spring bobber rods with a black Betty inline reel with 2 pound test I use 2-2.5 mm tungsten jigs and just the tail of a maki poli. I have two other st croix spring bobber rods with spinning reels and 3 pound test with a custom painted fat boy style jig it gets tipped with a wax worm. The other is set with diamond jig white in color and is tipped with a wax worm normally.

There are many other set ups but they don't get used anymore.

eyeguy 54

having a tough time getting away from my old ultralight gander rods with the frabil titanium spring on them. I did get a 27 inch UL ticklestick to try on the deeper water crappies last year but not able to use it yet. 

monstermoose78
27 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

having a tough time getting away from my old ultralight gander rods with the frabil titanium spring on them. I did get a 27 inch UL ticklestick to try on the deeper water crappies last year but not able to use it yet. 

That is a solid combo eyeguy. I have a few couple of them as well. I will say if you try a st croix they seem to much more sensitive I know the cost is higher. I need to go through all my gear again and purge stuff I don't use. It seems to build up like crazy.