Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

ANYFISH2

Crappie/Sunfish

ANYFISH2
4 hours ago, Rick G said:

Andrea hooked into this beast today...still swimming for someone else to catch

20170115_110429.jpg

Holy... awesome!

How big ?

ZachD

Well Friday was a little slow picked up some nice gills here and there no crappies. Sat morning picked up a couple 10 inch gills and a couple more for the bucket here and there. Sat night 930 the crappies came through I caught 17 biggest was 12. Sunday picked a few more gills up for the bucket before heading off to a different lake for walleye.

again fish wanted nothing to do with minnows only caught one with them. All other fish caught on a tungsten orange and green glow tipped with only a wax worm.

we were in 12 fow the sunfish were 2 off the bottom crappie cruising 4 off bottom

Side note tried walleye tonight missed 3 of them! Now I remember why I don't walleye fish much stupid things

WP_20170114_16_27_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20170114_22_06_50_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

Fishing Frenzy

Looks like you had a great time! Great day to be on the lake!l :)

• Like 2

Rick G

Ugly man, pretty fish :-)

20170117_133035.jpg

• Like 3

Cliff Wagenbach

I took a break from walleye fishing on Vermilion and decided to chase crappies for a few days to get away from the crowds.

Fun and a good bite also!

Cliff

P1190065.JPG

P1190066.JPG

• Like 4

monstermoose78

My old man and I had fun time today even though he only added 5 gills and one crappie. I schooled my old man but we enjoyed fresh fish

IMG_0815.JPG

No worries no gills over 8 inches kept or crappies over 12

• Like 3

bturck

That's a huge Sunni.  Nice job

Fishing Frenzy

Went out with a friend today. Looked like it was the month of March with the temp and water on the ice, and they bit like it was March as well! Ended up with 30 sunfish (7 1/2 to 9 in) 6 crappies and 2 perch! Was a lot of fun best bite I've had yet this year!

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

If your going out I would advice to wear cleats espically when that water on top of the ice freezes.

• Like 4

AlwaysFishing23

Went out yesterday and pounded the gills. Was about for about 2-3 hours and caught 100-150 gills. Biggest was almost 9 inches. Fun time!

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

• Like 3

monstermoose78

Fishing gills and crappies is so much fun!! 

• Like 2

Tom Sawyer

A very nice crappie Rick. Cool looking bucket, lol.

monstermoose78

Let's see some fish people

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Way to go everyone keep em coming!

eyeguy 54

oink oink ! :)

• Like 1

hardcore365

First off very nice pics everyone, makes me think I have to spend more time chasing pannies and less time on the eyeballs. 

Rick, do you mind explaining how you go about sight fishing? Are you old school about it and lay around the ice all day peering down the hole? Or maybe a little higher tech with just hole in a flip over/hub of some sort? Or are you going all out with underwater cameras in a shack? What I've done in the past is drill a big ol' hole and sit in my flip over. Which is a lot of work without an ice saw, especially if the hole isn't producing like I think it should be. Just thinking their might be some easier ways going about it.  Thanks