Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Rick

Are the Gophers Finally for Real?

13 posts in this topic

Hanging an overtime thriller with Michigan State then handing the L to 15th ranked Purdue in a big time OT win.

Do you think the Gophers have a chance at a National top 25 ranking this year?

Hope so.  I wont believe it until they make the Final Four though.  It would be nice to see after all the turmoil the last few years at the U.

1 person likes this

They look the part.  No situation has look to big for these guys.  It is still really early in the big 10 season.  Time will tell.

1 person likes this

Wow, they take care of Northwestern in their house and 15th ranked Purdue in theri house. Losing only to Michigan State by 1 point. The only more surprising team in the Big Ten would be Nebraska having beaten Indiana and Maryland. Currently leading Iowa in OT.

Not sure how this team seems to have turn things around?  They seem to just know how to fight and win.  I am sure tbey will take their lumps this year, but i think this team will end up high in the big ten.

Anyone have any opinions on how they are doing this?

Wow, now they beat Ohio State handily.

The Gophers are tied for 1st place in the Big Ten. Looking good.

Do you have any idea how the Gophers are beating these usually tough teams...and almost taking it from Michigan State as well?

So far, they are playing solid defense, and not taking many, fast, out of offense shots.

Thier depth seems nice as well, we dont lose a whole lot during substitutions.  Somehow we seem to have become a well rounded team!

We will see how the youth holds up over the course.

Mason, Lynch, and Coffey are fun players to watch, and each bring something different to the table.

1 person likes this

Gophers are turning the program the right direction... getting Coffey to come really opened eyes of local kids to consider the U... Hope they keep it up. Great game with WI... lost in OT but really well played game by both sides.

1 person likes this

They just need to learn how to win those kind of games. They could have easily won it.

Did not like how they ended the reg and OT, they got a shot to go in Reg but in neither situation did it look like we had a plan other than "somebody make a play"... But overall I really like this group.

1 person likes this